Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Strange
Australia
Dingley Village
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,

I have been playing solo and i wanted to clarify if i have been playing the turn order correctly as well as a couple of other questions.

1) First turn the enemy has been played deployed, then in my turn i deploy one gladiator and move (because you cannot move and attack in the same turn).
I have been continuing with the game playing an enemy and then playing oen of mine gladiators. Once the enemy and my gladiators have each taken a turn i have then ended the round and counted up objective points using the dice provided. Is this correct?

2)do i have any defence when an enemy hits me?

3) When rolling for the champion to see what actions they take. If they all come up blank I assume this means they don't do anything?

Thank you in advance for helping.

matt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CycyX
France
Magny en Vexin
Val d'Oise
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
1) Your gladiator do not move either when they just got deployed (unless capability...).

2) No (unless capability).

3) Correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Strange
Australia
Dingley Village
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the assistance.
So i can only deply on my first turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CycyX
France
Magny en Vexin
Val d'Oise
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That's it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Carlson
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
@Matt:

Just going over your questions again, and I think I am reading them differently than CycyX...

Origins setup requires the board units to start on the arena directly. Technically, you go 'first'. You will deploy a unit and wait (unless you have a unit that can move first turn).

Throughout the course of the game, both teams will move 'all units' and attack with 'all units' that are able to do so - restrictions include either their skills or if they were just deployed. This is not like Chess, where one unit goes then passes the turn...

You are correct in recognizing that there is no 'defense' in this game. Combat is straightforward in that you roll and deal damage. The strategy comes in where you may choose to move one unit before another. The same goes for attacking in order.

Their Champions are always 'adapting' to the arena situation. Each turn is unpredictable, and can be quite devastating at times. Yes, if they roll all blanks, you got lucky... for now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.