Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Strange
Australia
Dingley Village
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone please assist me with some detail on how you setup the game?
I am reading the rulebook and for some reason it is just not making sense to me.
Possibly staying up with the kids most of the night hasn't helped, but I really want to kick off a game ASAP to kill some time.

Any help appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard W
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have a look at this player aid.
A 2nd worker only goes to the 4th player btw (the 2nd and 3rd always get just 1 extra worker).

Edit: The setup is more a reminder what you need. You have to also put the action card pile face down and reveal the top animal & goods cards of the 2 piles.

Make 2 equal piles for goods & animals (top card face up).
Place face up supply piles of silver, workers, 1&2 VPs, bonus, round and action cards (face down).
Setup display cards (1-6) in a column.

Players set up a project (3 cards max), storage and estate area using the appropriate cards.
Start with 1 silver, 1 good & 1 animal.
Deal 1 worker to the 2nd & 3rd player; the 4th player gets 2 workers.

Hope it makes sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob White
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BeloW06 wrote:
Have a look at this player aid.
A 2nd worker only goes to the 4th player btw (the 2nd and 3rd always get just 1 extra worker).

Edit: The setup is more a reminder what you need. You have to also put the action card pile face down and reveal the top animal & goods cards of the 2 piles.

Make 2 equal piles for goods & animals (top card face up).
Place face up supply piles of silver, workers, 1&2 VPs, bonus, round and action cards (face down).
Setup display cards (1-6) in a column.

Players set up a project (3 cards max), storage and estate area using the appropriate cards.
Start with 1 silver, 1 good & 1 animal.
Deal 1 worker to the 2nd & 3rd player; the 4th player gets 2 workers.

Hope it makes sense.

Good stuff Bernhard. And I think those starting animals and goods are random pulls before setting up the piles. So I usually just deal them out before setting piles up. Also, my wife and I draw a random card each from the main deck to determine start player (that's not in the rules but it's a way to use the dice on the top of the cards). Then we shuffle those cards back into the main deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Strange
Australia
Dingley Village
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the assistance guys. I set it up and had a crack at fumbling my way through the rules...
It was a massive help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.