Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jake Fischer
United States
South Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Loving the layers in this game. But we've had a couple of rules questions pop up:

1. If red is led and I have a red non-super trump and the red super trump, can I choose to play either card? Or am I not allowed to play the super trump? (Wondering if the super trumps are, in effect, they're own 'separate' suit).

2. If red is led and the only red I have is the red super trump, must I play it, or may I play any card that I like? (same question, essentially).

Thanks for any help. Loving this game! Haven't been able to figure it out completely yet (which is what I like about it!). Wondering if being short suited in a 'low' suit is a good suit to go high in, since you can trump in on any other tricks led in that suit. Great game.

Thanks,

Jake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EXTRA AVOCADO! Sonderegger
United States
Folsom
CA
flag msg tools
designer
Shall I compare thee to a chevrolet?
badge
...the headlamps of your eyes will make them dream.
mbmbmbmbmb
All cards, at all times, are suited as their colour. The rules apply across the board. The only thing that changes is their power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Fischer
United States
South Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only reason I would quibble with your interpretation (and pardon me if you are authoritative and I just don't realize it) is the rule in the rulebook which reads: "Super trumps must "show your colors" too.

I interpret that to read that if I lead the black super trump, then my opponent must follow/play a super trump if he has one. This would seem to make sense in the game allowing someone to get out all the super trumps if it helped his strategy for that round.

Are you implying that if I lead a black super trump, the color led is, therefore black, and my opponents must follow/play black?

Maybe this rule is better stated in the German rules.

Thanks,

Jake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EXTRA AVOCADO! Sonderegger
United States
Folsom
CA
flag msg tools
designer
Shall I compare thee to a chevrolet?
badge
...the headlamps of your eyes will make them dream.
mbmbmbmbmb
Super trumps are extra powerful, but remain a part of their suit. The phrase super trumps must show their colours implies that they are not exempt from following suit, as does the following example in the rule book.

I'm not authoritative, but I am moderately sure this is the case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Fischer
United States
South Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right. I think the example clarifies it.

Thanks!

-Jake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.