$30.00
Khaz
Philippines
Quezon City
flag msg tools
Hi guys. Sorry if this is a dumb question but I couldn't seem to find any answers. Can I use this add-on deck in skull and shackles as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert O'Hearne
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The add-on decks are designed for a particular set. They're not intended to be played with a different set.

That said, you could do it. Certainly there's no problem playing the characters in a different set. They don't have Craft, which hurts, but at least Lini and Amiri have Survival.

If you plan on playing Skull & Shackles with more than 4 characters, you will need the Skull & Shackles character add-on deck, or else you'll have to figure out a way to compensate for missing henchmen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Khaz
Philippines
Quezon City
flag msg tools
Gotcha. I guess I'll stick to class decks then. Woulda been nice to have several classes you can use in multiple base games in one deck though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The characters themselves would be fairly transportable, but the rest of the deck is really designed for Rise or the Ruelords.

In terms of skills, quite a few of the characters in this would work well in Skull and Shackles. All of them have a decent Wisdom die (Amiri is the worst with d6), Lini and Amiri have Survival and Sajan has Constitution. None of them have any powers that are uniquely suited to just Rise of the Runelords.

I've often though about playing Amiri in Skull and Shackles for her movement to see what it would be like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.