Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Gordon
United States
Meridian
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After playing this for the first time I decided to reread the rulebook. There were several rules that I either missed or forgot. I thought I'd list them here to help others not make the same mistake.

1) If you don't like your starting hand, you are allowed to discard and redraw any number of them. You must keep the newly drawn cards.

2) You are allowed to place multiple stoke tokens on a single card.

3) When using the Wait action, you may discard multiple cards, drawing back up to five after.

4) When using the Bail action, you may discard multiple cards, drawing back up to five after.

5) After scoring your wave after you've taken a Bail action, you place your surfer on the adjacent space in the Channel.

6) Barrel cards do not affect your balance. (We didn't actually play this wrong, but I did have to look it up in the rules when we hit our first barrel)

7) The Shortboard Champion & the Longboard Champion each look at their OTHER scores (longboard for SB Champion & Shortboard for LB Champion) to find their Grand Champion score. You do NOT combine all your scores.

So, that's what we did wrong. All are easily found in the rulebook, I simply overlooked them. And btw, this is a great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Miller
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up Kevin! I know there is a lot of information in the rulebook - and with it being simultaneous-play there is hardly any down time for someone to be browsing the rulebook.

Glad you're enjoying it!!

Cheers, -Cody
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Freeman
United Kingdom
Exeter
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We massively messed up our first play with me totally messing up the action selection mechanic... instead of playing one card, we were playing as many cards as needed to take the different actions all in one turn (ie, paddle out and catch a wave in one turn). Idiotic, but it somehow worked anyway... bar the massively blown timing (took over two hours!)

Subsequent plays were corrected... and I love it. Easily up in the top three Kickstarter games in my collection and easily the most unique and appealing theme, given where I live (south west England, surfing central!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Pages
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So just to reiterate. ...

Can I only play cards on only 1 action?

For example, can I paddle out AND catch a wave, since they are 2 separate actions?

Or can I only play a card on 1 action space per game turn.

Thanks for the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
guigtexas wrote:
So just to reiterate. ...

Can I only play cards on only 1 action?

For example, can I paddle out AND catch a wave, since they are 2 separate actions?

Or can I only play a card on 1 action space per game turn.

Thanks for the clarification.

Only 1 action per turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Pages
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, i was playing that you could paddle and catch a wave on the same turn, because those actions are on different side of the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.