Subject: Game you wished you bought ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ace hawkster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What's the one game you wished you'd bought, be it bargain or kickstarter, when you saw it and now it's gone or oop ? Not so you could flip it and make a profit but because you actually wanted the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Heisenberg
Spain
Death Star
A galaxy far, far away
flag msg tools
"Apology accepted, Captain Needa."
badge
"Say my name"
mbmbmbmbmb
The...
A...

Hmm...

Nope. Bought them all whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Gibbings
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Husband and Gamer
mbmbmb
Shadowlord!

$2 at a thrift store would have been a conversation piece since so many people I know grew up playing it. Still frustrated by that, I had stupid reasons for passing on it to!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ace hawkster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Registrau wrote:
The...
A...

Hmm...

Nope. Bought them all whistle

Surely you missed a game somewhere along the line , not enough money at the time, someone saying do you really need it (that's how my brother used to put me off ) I envy you if you really buy everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richie Freeman
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My girlfriend and I played and really, really enjoyed Kamisado towards the end of the UK Games Expo this year. We had already bought a whole stack of games by this point and had basically spent all the money we had saved/budgeted for games. We enjoyed the game so much we considered drawing out another twenty quid to pick it up but decided to do the sensible thing; stick to budget and play all our other new games whilst we waited until next month's payday to pick up a copy of Kamisado... Little did we know that it wouldn't be in stock at any of our FLGSs, the usual stores I use online and/or overpriced everywhere else I've seen it. I guess the moral of the story is that sensibly sticking to your budget at a convention is just a bad idea .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the opposite issue.

I have lots of games that I wonder why the hell I bought them is the first place.

Anything I "missed", I don't really miss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris thatcher
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kingdom death monster I'm pretty sure I'd like but I'm not paying that much for a boardgame.

Starcraft is another. I cannot justify the current prices.

Macao I always wanted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vaughan Edge
United Kingdom
Cheshire
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Clash of Cultures and Merchants and Marauders are 2 excellent games with 2 excellent expansions which just take each game to new levels. So glad I bought the expansions right away. Surely they will do a reprint.
Games I wish I had bought are
Making of a President
Britannia
Believe MoP is getting a reprint though.
Most games that I really really want though I will end up buying after much procrastination. Remains to be seen as to whether I bite the bullet on these 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett B
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Archer: The Danger Zone! Board Game - I put off buying it because I couldn't think of anyone I could immediately play it with. I just wasn't prepared for how quickly it would disappear.

My disappointment might be allayed if Archer: Once You Go Blackmail... ever sees the light of day. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Walton
United States
Ada
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Every Stonemaier Kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
acehawkster1973 wrote:
What's the one game you wished you'd bought, be it bargain or kickstarter, when you saw it and now it's gone or oop ? Not so you could flip it and make a profit but because you actually wanted the game.

HeroQuest
I remember seeing it on the shelves at Hills Department Store back in the day...
soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Show me something that beats a natural 20 and I'll show you hateful lies.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
toliveischrist77 wrote:

The kickstarter seems to garner more interest than the games themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Concordia

Half price at my FLGS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomáš Sládek
Czech Republic
Brno
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
toliveischrist77 wrote:

Stonemaier Kickstarter games are well worth their price both on or off of Kickstarter.

For my part I miss:

Arcadia Quest
Zombicide Black Plague

What makes it worse that these still can be bought but without all the Kickstarter stuff I'd just feel like it was stripped down to bare bones and wouldn't feel good about owning it. The retail version is awful value for money. Hate the exclusives system. I wonder if they wouldn't have made more money by just includign everything, there's gotta be more people like me who missed the KS, want the game but won't buy the retail simply on principle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Arias
United States
Sanford
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Big City back when there were still copies for $40.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carr
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had to back out of Scythe due to finances at the time.
....Now waiting for retail version
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason W
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Though still available, my answer will be Three Kingdoms Redux. I really want it, but I know it wouldn't get played enough. This one may not get a second printing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomáš Sládek
Czech Republic
Brno
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Oh yeah, and I also wish I had bought Discworld: Ankh Morpork. I do have a copy, but I wish I had like 5 more copies because since it went OOP without hope of reprint, I'd heartily recommended it to three friends (before remmebering you can't get it anymore) and two more asked me where to get it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett X
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's been a copy of Kamisado Max kicking around the UK Maths Trade for a few months now. Maybe you enter the one at the beginning of next month and try your luck?

Cardboard Conundrum wrote:
My girlfriend and I played and really, really enjoyed Kamisado towards the end of the UK Games Expo this year. We had already bought a whole stack of games by this point and had basically spent all the money we had saved/budgeted for games. We enjoyed the game so much we considered drawing out another twenty quid to pick it up but decided to do the sensible thing; stick to budget and play all our other new games whilst we waited until next month's payday to pick up a copy of Kamisado... Little did we know that it wouldn't be in stock at any of our FLGSs, the usual stores I use online and/or overpriced everywhere else I've seen it. I guess the moral of the story is that sensibly sticking to your budget at a convention is just a bad idea .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk
United States
Commerce Twp.
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Orleans on KS.

3D Catan when it was still ~$300.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason King
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish I would have bought Ra when it was still in print. I love the game, and I bought it in 2009~2010 for the boardgame group I ran in Grad school.

You don't realize you're in the golden years until you've passed them by...cry
(But seriously, everything is great, I just wish I would have bought a personal copy at the time, heh)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Harpring
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ninja: Legend of the Scorpion Clan was on deep discount on Amazon for quite a while, close to impulse-buy territory, but I wasn't in a rush to pick it up. Now it's only available through third party sellers for much more than I care to pay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hébert
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The original Space Hulk games
Star Wars: The Queen's Gambit
Scythe Collector's or Art edition
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark B
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DegenerateElite wrote:
I have the opposite issue.

I have lots of games that I wonder why the hell I bought them is the first place.

Anything I "missed", I don't really miss.

This is close to my experience. There are far more games I wish I had researched more before buying than games I wish I had bought. In fact, the only one that comes to mind is passing on Libertalia when it was $25 on Amazon. That said, I really don't miss having it at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath Marton
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Legendary: Fantastic Four My favorite super hero team

I bought Legendary when it first came out (before I got into this specific hobby) because I liked the art on the cards and collected VS system prior for that reason. Nabbed Dark City when it came out too.

Last year around April I got into board gaming and popped into my local FLGS for the first time and they had a copy of Legendary FF and Guardians sitting there. I opted for a copy of Small World to start of my collection. 3 months later I figured I would get it....I could only find it on the secondary market for $50. I figured I'd wait and it just kept going up and up. Then the news/rumors broke Ike Perlmutter was so ticked that Fox had the movie rights to FF and X-Men that he made merchandising not allow use those characters so as not to help promote the characters so Marvel could get them back. You will still find SOME X-Men stuff as they are evergreen cash cows but at the extent it was over 5 years ago.

Upperdeck said they will gladly reprint as soon as Marvel lets them! Another bit of good news out of SDCC is they are making an Invisible Woman figure for their Marvel Legends line so maybe, gradually, games using these great characters will be in the pipe!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.