Hide
5 Posts

Camp Grizzly» Forums » General

Subject: Some problems with the game. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wolf Dude
msg tools
I played this for the 1st time yesterday and I really wanted to love it, but here's the main problems I had with the game. In the set up, it tells you to place the keys face up in one of the cabins. So if you get to that spot you automatically have one of the objects needed to complete the finale. This just didn't make sense to me, considering only three items are needed. We also played with 5 players, the board just seemed too small for so many players, at one point many players just didn't have any goal to move towards and were just moving for the sake of moving, since some of the others were going for the question mark location. It seems to me that this game is more efficient with 2-3 players.

Tracy also had an ability to draw Otis away, no matter how close he was to another counselor. It just seemed when someone was about to get in trouble Tracy could draw Otis away from them, didn't make sense.

It's a shame because Everything else is just spot on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Melbourne
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wolf_Dude80 wrote:
I played this for the 1st time yesterday and I really wanted to love it, but here's the main problems I had with the game. In the set up, it tells you to place the keys face up in one of the cabins. So if you get to that spot you automatically have one of the objects needed to complete the finale. This just didn't make sense to me, considering only three items are needed. We also played with 5 players, the board just seemed too small for so many players, at one point many players just didn't have any goal to move towards and were just moving for the sake of moving, since some of the others were going for the question mark location. It seems to me that this game is more efficient with 2-3 players.

Tracy also had an ability to draw Otis away, no matter how close he was to another counselor. It just seemed when someone was about to get in trouble Tracy could draw Otis away from them, didn't make sense.

I really think you need to play a couple games before you give a final judgement. Having those keys is a blessing, but they can get lost which makes traveling and the finale much harder. Having more councilors means more cabin draws... good and bad things will happen more often (mostly bad). Tracy MAY draw Otis towards her. It's still a roll of the die. Don't count on getting that role everytime because you will fail that roll when you desperately need it and Otis will do what Otis does best. Read the rules again, set the board up for a different skill level and go at it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some variable set-ups, but even the base/main one is no push over. It'd be next to impossible without that start. I've won a single game in ten plays.

For me, the game is fantastic. I'm hoping the Evil Dead 2 KS campaign can deliver a similar experience. (But I doubt it.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Ferrier
United States
Salem
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like the Tracey player didn't read the whole power, which is easy to do, as you are supposed to roll a 1d4 and on a 3 or 4 Otis will stock Tracey otherwise he ignores her scream.

As for the keys making it too easy I think you just had a lucky play (not many bad cabin cards) as it's usually 50/50 if your going to win this game as is and if you win usually not everybody makes it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wolf_Dude80 wrote:

Everything you say here has not been our experience with this game. We normally don't win, but we are playing on one of the hard difficulty levels, and almost exclusively with six players - which, as has been pointed out, increases the Cabin card draws and makes many more bad things happen. Also, Tracy, as was pointed out, always seems to fail her scream roll when it's the most critical time.

I think you should try turning up the difficulty a notch and make sure you're not skipping stuff in the rules (Cabin Card draws, etc.). We enjoy this game every time it hits the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.