Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can Johannes Caprini use his special ability (teleporting from one oasis to another) when using a City card movement (for example discard 2 camels to travel 1 space) or 1 space movement (contracts, bonus tiles etc.)?

I have printed the English translation rulebook

and it says:
English translation rulebook wrote:
When performing the “Travel”
action
, he may therefore travel from one
Oasis to another.

On the other hand the Z-man games rulebook says:
Z-man Games Rulebook wrote:
Whenever you choose to travel, you are allowed to move from one oasis to another.

The German rulebook also suggests that there isn't any limitation using this ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RoadHouse wrote:
Can Johannes Caprini use his special ability (teleporting from one oasis to another) when using a City card movement (for example discard 2 camels to travel 1 space) or 1 space movement (contracts, bonus tiles etc.)?

I have printed the English translation rulebook

and it says:
English translation rulebook wrote:
When performing the “Travel”
action
, he may therefore travel from one
Oasis to another.

On the other hand the Z-man games rulebook says:
Z-man Games Rulebook wrote:
Whenever you choose to travel, you are allowed to move from one oasis to another.

The German rulebook also suggests that there isn't any limitation using this ability.

The Dutch rules also seem to only mention "When you take the Travel Action", which would seem to suggest only when you place 2 dice at the travel action space and not just whenever you'd travel. On the other hand, I don't think it really matters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Khonnor wrote:
On the other hand, I don't think it really matters.

It matters quite a lot if you use heavily one of the City action cards that allows you to move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, he still only gets to place 1 trading house, even if he uses the travel city card with a 6 die result. Yes, he can move 6 spaces, but only place 1 trading house at the end of those movements.

Plus, when he moves TO an oasis, that counts as 1 step and then the actual JUMP to another oasis ALSO counts as a step. So yes, he gets to jump all around, but still "pays" for it, imo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Khonnor wrote:
Hmm, he still only gets to place 1 trading house, even if he uses the travel city card with a 6 die result. Yes, he can move 6 spaces, but only place 1 trading house at the end of those movements.

Plus, when he moves TO an oasis, that counts as 1 step and then the actual JUMP to another oasis ALSO counts as a step. So yes, he gets to jump all around, but still "pays" for it, imo.

Are you still saying it is all the same? You need extra money and two black dice to travel the 2nd time. It helps a lot if you can use the teleport even with City action card. BUT the question here wasn't how much it helps. I would just like to know official rule for this matter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Knechtskern
Germany
Groebenzell
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Every time Caprini moves, he can spend one movement to hop from one Oasis to another. That is what the german rulebook says and this is how it was played in the prototype stage. Caprini however still is the most difficult character to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KlausKnechtskern wrote:
Every time Caprini moves, he can spend one movement to hop from one Oasis to another. That is what the german rulebook says and this is how it was played in the prototype stage. Caprini however still is the most difficult character to play.

Thank you for the answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KlausKnechtskern wrote:

+1

I haven't ever seen anyone win with Caprini.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Knechtskern
Germany
Groebenzell
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have won with him. I still remember the prototype time when he had no 3 coin bonus....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.