BattleCON: War of Indines» Forums » Rules

Subject: 1. Ante Tokens 2/3. Luc Von Gott Time Tokens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
rudy prico
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Where do you put tokens which you ante ?

2. When I want to use UA on Luc's Ethernal card (or other style card), should I ante tokens first or can I take these tokens from available pool ?

3. Luc gains at the end of each beat new token (up to five). Can I add 'used' tokens from discard ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Altropos
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. In a place to signify that you anted them.

2. If you're spending tokens, they come from your pool and are not anted.

3. Yes

A further note on tokens: There are three places a token can be. In your pool, anted for this beat or... out of play, waiting to re-enter your pool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rudy prico
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you a lot for explanation...

...few more things

Altropos wrote:

2. If you're spending tokens, they come from your pool and are not anted.

How do you know when tokens should be anted first and when you can take them stright from the pool of available tokens ?

Altropos wrote:

3. Yes

How do you know when spent tokens are out (once for all) and when you can use these tokens again (like in this case) ?

Altropos wrote:

A further note on tokens: There are three places a token can be. In your pool, anted for this beat or... out of play, waiting to re-enter your pool.

Small hex space (each player has on his side) on the board is dedicated for tokens in your 'pool', right ?

---

Sorry for stupid questions but I'm new to BattleCON.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Voshall
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of this information is covered in the character's UA, including how they gain/regain tokens. There are only two characters that completely remove another characters tokens from the game, and I believe both of those are finishers (which are supposed to be incredibly powerful). So, unless the character has no way of regaining tokens (such as Cadenza), there is absolutely no difference between Out of Play and Spent tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rudy prico
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you.

My reasoning was based on page 23 of the rulebook, from which I understood that tokens cannot be retrieved again...

- - -

And what about that difference between situation when you need to ante tokens first (like written on Luc's character card) and situations when you can use tokens from the pool (like using tokens for stylecard based powers) ? I'm quite confused.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier D.
France
Brulain
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rudy3 wrote:
And what about that difference between situation when you need to ante tokens first (like written on Luc's character card) and situations when you can use tokens from the pool (like using tokens for stylecard based powers) ? I'm quite confused.

Token you ante go from "Available pool" to "Anted" when you Ante them, then from "Anted" to "Discarded" at end of turn.

Token you use go from "Available pool" to "Discarded".

When recovering tokens (such as with Luc's UA), these go from "Discarded" to "Available pool".

On the rare occasion when tokens are completely removed the game, simply set them apart. Those can't be used nor recovered again this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Voshall
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the rules are establishing the default assumption, which is that once you spend a token, you don't get it back. Cadenza is very much an example of this, as he has no way of regaining his tokens, but his rules don't state that the tokens cannot be recovered. If a character can recover their Tokens, that will be defined either in their Styles or Unique Base (Hikaru, Rukyuk) or their UA (Magdelina, Luc).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.