Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game shows up high in the hotness list. Can't see why... No expansion announced, no rahdo/vasel effect..?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Patuxent River
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's probably because of the current contest Argentum "El Gaucho" Contest! Expired.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois L-C
Canada
Near Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

There is currently a contest running for this game... thus the sudden increase in the Hotness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ozzy perez
United States
Hialeah
Fl
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fardoche wrote:
This game shows up high in the hotness list. Can't see why... No expansion announced, no rahdo/vasel effect..?

You underestimate the free game contest effect arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos
Argentina
Puerto Madryn
flag msg tools
mbmb
In contest's questionnaire suggest that there Will be an expansion with llamas...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ozzy perez
United States
Hialeah
Fl
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sanke090 wrote:
In contest's questionnaire suggest that there Will be an expansion with llamas...

Or Wild horses, or maybe an ostrich will even show up
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
SapoLJackson wrote:
sanke090 wrote:

It's a trick question. Guachos were famous for wrangling monkeys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Misterboy wrote:
SapoLJackson wrote:
sanke090 wrote:

It's a trick question. Guachos were famous for wrangling monkeys.

I think it should've been Flamingos!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Speaking of the contest, I was one of the people who won a copy of El Gaucho. I received my copy in the mail yesterday and played it today. My thanks once again to Argentum and BGG.

My (perhaps somewhat biased) review is that it's a fun game. Not too heavy but there are choices to make. My main goal is set collection: you want to build up the value of your herds by getting the right cattle tiles. The main mechanic is dice drafting: there's a pool of dice each round and you go around the table with each player taking two dice from the pool and matching those dice to either the cattle he wants to claim or to special actions he wants to use on future turns (you can't use an action on the same turn you place a worker on it). The game moves along smoothly and the various possible actions seem pretty well balanced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.