Subject: Gold and Silver Runes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Santiago Torres
Spain
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am about to play my first game and after reading the instructions, I have a doubt: what's the difference between the two type of runes? Can you buy Gandalf cards with gold ones? What can exactly be done with them?

Thanks for answering!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Meltzer
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Eight ball, corner pocket
mbmbmbmbmb
You can buy Gandalf cards with either the gold or the silver, or a combination of the two. Any time you need to discard runes, you can discard either or both.

The silver runes are gained through the spaces on the board, and you always gain one rune per space. The gold runes are stacked face-down (or otherwise randomized) so that you do not know which value of rune you are getting until it is picked. Only a few spaces on the board have you picking a gold rune.

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santiago Torres
Spain
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mizerak wrote:
You can buy Gandalf cards with either the gold or the silver, or a combination of the two. Any time you need to discard runes, you can discard either or both.

The silver runes are gained through the spaces on the board, and you always gain one rune per space. The gold runes are stacked face-down (or otherwise randomized) so that you do not know which value of rune you are getting until it is picked. Only a few spaces on the board have you picking a gold rune.

Hope that helps!

Thank you for the explanation. So basically, aside from puntuation and buying Gandalf cards, there's no more use for these runes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
daedel wrote:
Mizerak wrote:

Hope that helps!

Thank you for the explanation. So basically, aside from puntuation and buying Gandalf cards, there's no more use for these runes?

What does puntuation mean?

Runes are good for scoring, Gandalf cards and can also be spend to avoid effects of at least one event. And 1 rune can be used to avoid a specific event tile (together with some other stuff). Might be some I have missed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santiago Torres
Spain
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Randor20 wrote:
daedel wrote:
Mizerak wrote:

Hope that helps!

What does puntuation mean?

Runes are good for scoring, Gandalf cards and can also be spend to avoid effects of at least one event. And 1 rune can be used to avoid a specific event tile (together with some other stuff). Might be some I have missed.

I can't believe I wrote puntuation instead of scoring...sorry, bad translation of a spanish word.
Everything else is pretty clear, thank you very much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.