Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Leslie
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After a playing through the game on Tabletopia, I have two questions / suggestions:

1) The "Transportation" card has, as a free action, the description "Move to any location with up to 2 active fighters". I think this means I can move my revolutionary to anywhere on the board and take up to two active fighters in the location I started along with me. But the way it's worded, it COULD mean that I can move to any location that has zero, one, or two active fighters (in which case it would be unclear if I could bring active fighters along with me). Perhaps the wording should be "Move to any location, bringing up to 2 active fighters from your starting location"

2) Player aid. I think there should be player aid cards (separate ones for both rule sets). Just listing the phases and basic steps on the front, and perhaps a bit more description for the seven actions on the back. Since you're separating the rules into two books, I would strongly suggest making the back cover of each book have this information (with a bit more description).

I'm definitely looking forward to getting my physical copy of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
waleslie wrote:
1) But the way it's worded, it COULD mean that I can move to any location that has zero, one, or two active fighters (in which case it would be unclear if I could bring active fighters along with me).

Yup, we caught this at proofreading too. The final version will say:
"Move to any location. You may take up to 2 active fighters with you."
Quote:
2) Player aid. I think there should be player aid cards (separate ones for both rule sets). Just listing the phases and basic steps on the front, and perhaps a bit more description for the seven actions on the back. Since you're separating the rules into two books, I would strongly suggest making the back cover of each book have this information (with a bit more description).
The player aid doesn't fit a card (believe me we tried), but we are definitely putting them on the back of both rulebooks.
The Zhukov rulebook will have the entire Zhukov turn (Soviet, Revolutionary, SPA), the Conflict rulebook will have the Soviet & SPA on it (as the Revolutionary is exactly the same in the 2 modes, and this way the Soviet player can hold onto one player aid, while the revoultionaries get the other one.)
Quote:

I'm definitely looking forward to getting my physical copy of the game.

Thanks for the support and the interest to ask!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Leslie
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent. I'm guessing Richard already told you to put that info on the back of the rulebooks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.