Subject: Stealing rage mechanic rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cosme Benito
Portugal
Lisbon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I know this is a pretty dumb question but we can't agree on how stealing rage works.

The stealing term leads me to believe that if I steal rage from a player then I get 1 rage and the other player loses 1 rage. This isn't consensual among us and I'd like your help to clarify this.

Thanks a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Browes
United Kingdom
London
Tooting
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that is how it works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious on the logic of the player that is redefining stealing to not mean 1 person takes, 1 person loses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin M
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In addition, if someone has 0 Rage, thus ending their turn, and they steal 1 Rage from another player through combat, they are able to do actions again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Valenso wrote:
In addition, if someone has 0 Rage, thus ending their turn, and they steal 1 Rage from another player through combat, they are able to do actions again.

Yes, if you somehow gain rage while at 0 rage, you can then take an action on your next turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmathias wrote:
I'm curious on the logic of the player that is redefining stealing to not mean 1 person takes, 1 person loses.

Same here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cosme Benito
Portugal
Lisbon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jmathias wrote:
The logic was that stealing would be simply taking it out of the player and that gaining a rage would be too overpowered.

This was not my view but I'd rather clear it up anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pathief wrote:
jmathias wrote:
The logic was that stealing would be simply taking it out of the player and that gaining a rage would be too overpowered.

So in their mind, you would steal the rage, but then drop it while you run away?

edited for grammar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pathief wrote:
jmathias wrote:

If that was correct, the card would not say "steal", it would say "lose". First time I saw someone even considering that interpretation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Frag
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to be clear you are taking their available Rage for the current age, not lowering their stat and raising yours. I have seen some try to interpret it that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gert Meyer
Denmark
Trekantsområdet
flag msg tools
Skål - Cheers - Gom Bui - Prost - Almien - Salut - Kampai - Na Zdrowie - Gan Bae - Qapla
mbmbmbmbmb
Valenso wrote:

But on the other hand, you can only steal from someone who has at least 1 Rage. If the player you are trying to steal from has 0 Rage, you get nothing.

And with that, I think we have covered every eventuality of "Stealing" in Blood Rage

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whistle Except that, if you steal from someone and they go down to zero, then they cannot perform any further actions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flo Heisenbrain
Germany
München
Bayern
flag msg tools
Please don't point that mouse at my face - it looks sharp ;-)
mbmbmbmbmb
gert74 wrote:
Valenso wrote:

But on the other hand, you can only steal from someone who has at least 1 Rage. If the player you are trying to steal from has 0 Rage, you get nothing.

And with that, I think we have covered every eventuality of "Stealing" in Blood Rage

There is one more thing
What happens if in a 3+ player battle two loosing players both try to steal 1 rage from the winning player who has only 1 rage left?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gert Meyer
Denmark
Trekantsområdet
flag msg tools
Skål - Cheers - Gom Bui - Prost - Almien - Salut - Kampai - Na Zdrowie - Gan Bae - Qapla
mbmbmbmbmb
Heisenbrain wrote:
gert74 wrote:
Valenso wrote:

And with that, I think we have covered every eventuality of "Stealing" in Blood Rage :D

There is one more thing :D
What happens if in a 3+ player battle two loosing players both try to steal 1 rage from the winning player who has only 1 rage left?

You resolve identical, conflicting Battle cards in turn order (clockwise) starting from the Pillaging player. So whoever was closest to the Pillaging player in clockwise direction gets to steal the 1 available Rage. The other player gets nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincennes Faronto
Indonesia
palembang
flag msg tools
Here's a scenario we came across.
Winning player have one rage left.. There's two player losing trying to steal his rage.. What happened then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gert Meyer
Denmark
Trekantsområdet
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jalapena wrote:
Here's a scenario we came across.
Winning player have one rage left.. There's two player losing trying to steal his rage.. What happened then?

Exactly what I described above. If one of the losing players is the one initiating the Pillage then he gets the 1 Rage. If not, then the closest losing player to the left of the Pillager gets the 1 Rage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincennes Faronto
Indonesia
palembang
flag msg tools
Got it. Cheers mate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sébastien Deschamps
Canada
flag msg tools
We came across another situation:
It was a 3 players battle. The card to steal a rage was played by the lowest in the battle, but no one won since the strongest were of equal forces. What happens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
arry -
msg tools
mbmb
Toupti wrote:
We came across another situation:
It was a 3 players battle. The card to steal a rage was played by the lowest in the battle, but no one won since the strongest were of equal forces. What happens?

The rage that should be stolen from the winner isn't stolen, because there's no winner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.