Hide
3 Posts

Legends of Andor» Forums » General

Subject: Please help with possibly translation mistake rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mauro Filho
msg tools
Hi, I have a copy of Legends of Andor from publisher Devir, in portuguese.

As you might know, when legend cards instruct the placement of gors on the board, the corresponding numbered areas usually appear in ascendind order.

Therefore, I have always suspected the following card contains a mistake. The suspicion has increased since we are struggling to win the legend. cry

So, please, could somebody check with your copy of the game from a different publisher?

The card is Legend 2, card A2. Mine says, in potuguese, like: "Place gors on areas 8, 20, 26, 48, 21 and one skral on area 19". Is there really a mistake or not?

Thank you very, very much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Bosch
Netherlands
Rotterdam
ZH
flag msg tools
badge
In honour of the brave crew of Hr.Ms. Java 27-02-1942 † Battle of the Java Sea
mbmbmbmbmb
rodabel wrote:
Hi, I have a copy of Legends of Andor from publisher Devir, in portuguese.

As you might know, when legend cards instruct the placement of gors on the board, the corresponding numbered areas usually appear in ascendind order.

Therefore, I have always suspected the following card contains a mistake. The suspiction has increased since we are struggling to win the legend. cry

So, please, could somebody check with your copy of the game from a different publisher?

The card is Legend 2, card A2. Mine says, in potuguese, like: "Place gors on areas 8, 20, 26, 48, 21 and one skral on area 19". Is there really a mistake or not?

Thank you very, very much!

My German original says the same as your translated Portugese one.

Maybe a few tips (has been a long time since a played though and have to translate German to English so I'm not sure about all game terms).

Spoiler (click to reveal)
-choose your battles only attack creatures when they threaten to overrun the castle or when they will meet on the same spot (and would move faster)
-send one hero to search trough the fog tiles. I believe the binoculars help
-try to get a falcon so you can shop and exchange items between heroes
-use overtime and the water bottle to speed up searching the fog tiles

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Campbell
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My English KOSMOS edition says:

"Place gors on spaces 8,20,21,26,48 and one skral on 19."

So, I'd say that your card is correct. Harry's advice in the spoiler box is spot-on for what will get you through not only this legend, but key tactics you'll have to use in various mixtures going forward.

Russ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.