Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clay Stone
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I know the rule states we are allowed (6) units to be attached to a formation and 4 of the 6 can be battalions, but here is my question:

1. If i attach (6) units to "only" my US 1st Inf Division, do these same (6) units also count towards my max attachment allowance of 12 for Corp and against max attachment allowance for army of 24 too?

I'm thinking no it doesn't. The reason i say no is that i'm reading the rules stating attachments only count towards the corp max allowance or army is if its attached specifically to a corp or to the army. My example of the (6) units is specifically attached to a formation so it should not count towards a corp or army attachment allowance.

I'm i correct on this? Just needed clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Youst
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
designer
Clay,
you are correct. The six unit limit is for that formation only. The Corps (24) and Army (12) have their own separate attachment limits as shown in the parentheses here. So, actually, you have a lot of leeway and space as to how many units within an Army can be attached to the Army itself, the Corps, and then formations.

Joe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.