Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Tavarua» Forums » Rules

Subject: AI Movement in solo game question. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Paradise
United States
Glassboro
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If an AI player gets snaked and winds up standing on his board in the wash. What does he do on his next turn?

Does the snaked AI player standing on his board in the wash, move out to the channel that he's currently in and then on the following turn, swim out to his standard channel or does he automatically swim out to his standard channel?

I'm thinking he swims out to the channel that he's in and then moves out to his standard channel on the following turn.

Btw Cody. Awesome game!!! I'm absolutely loving everything about it. I love how the game is so much fun, no matter how many players there are. I just started the solo game and am in my 2nd competition and must say, the solo rules ROCK!!!

I'd love to see some more yearly tournaments.
2 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Paradise
United States
Glassboro
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, in a campaign solo game. Do your stoke tokens carry over to the next event or are they discarded at the end of each event?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Gordon
United States
Meridian
Idaho
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gameguru wrote:


I'm thinking he swims out to the channel that he's in and then moves out to his standard channel on the following turn.


This is how I played it in my solo campaign.

And I believe excess stoke is discarded and you begin each game with the standard one token.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Paradise
United States
Glassboro
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kevster wrote:
gameguru wrote:


I'm thinking he swims out to the channel that he's in and then moves out to his standard channel on the following turn.


This is how I played it in my solo campaign.

And I believe excess stoke is discarded and you begin each game with the standard one token.


Thanks for the reply my friend. I wound up looking through the rulebook a few times, and then saw that when you bail, the surfer moves from the wash to the channel at the wave/score phase of that same round, so then on the next turn he would move out to his standard channel, so I played it like that, since the rulebook clearly states that your standing on your board in the wash, just like a bail action.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Miller
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gameguru wrote:
kevster wrote:
gameguru wrote:


I'm thinking he swims out to the channel that he's in and then moves out to his standard channel on the following turn.


This is how I played it in my solo campaign.

And I believe excess stoke is discarded and you begin each game with the standard one token.


Thanks for the reply my friend. I wound up looking through the rulebook a few times, and then saw that when you bail, the surfer moves from the wash to the channel at the wave/score phase of that same round, so then on the next turn he would move out to his standard channel, so I played it like that, since the rulebook clearly states that your standing on your board in the wash, just like a bail action.


Hey Bill!

Yes this is correct - during the 'score' phase at the end of the round the AI would be moved into the channel on that turn - so they wouldn't start the turn in the wash, as you've described!

Also about the stoke - Kevin is right, it resets each game.

Great thoughts guys, and thanks for your kind words! So glad you're enjoying Tavarua!!

Cheers, -Cody
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.