Subject: What threat cards count for Loot rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yury M
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I define the number of loot cards to draw after the fight shoud I count threat cards that were triggered by another threat card (epic)?

Or it is still count as 1 card regardless the fact that technically 3 cards were drawn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any card(s) that brought out a monster(s) count.
But not cards that brought out only other cards.
Upto a max of 3 loot cards per player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yury1975 wrote:
When I define the number of loot cards to draw after the fight shoud I count threat cards that were triggered by another threat card (epic)?

Or it is still count as 1 card regardless the fact that technically 3 cards were drawn?

If the card adds monsters to the board, count it. If it just tells you to draw a different card, don't count it.

Personally, I also play that Darkness cards and Encounter cards also increase loot if they add monsters to the board. Not sure if that's official though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Rubric wrote:
yury1975 wrote:

If the card adds monsters to the board, count it. If it just tells you to draw a different card, don't count it.

Personally, I also play that Darkness cards and Encounter cards also increase loot if they add monsters to the board. Not sure if that's official though.

I agree, and I also count all the outlaws in a town adventure as 1 card. There is a maximum limit of 3 loot cards per character though. Typically when darkness or encounter cards add threats they tell you to draw one so you have an actual threat card to count.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yury M
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone.

I lose this battle anyway. 2 level-1 heroes had no chances again 3 night terrors, 3 stranglers and 6 spiders

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Every source that gives at least one monster counts up to a maximum of three sources. So Darkness cards definitively gives loot if it spawns monsters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yury M
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So you draw epic threat card recieve either 1 or 3 loot cards. Doesn't seems reasonable for me, since complexity of all threat cards are more or less similar and doesn't have 3 time difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the rules specify you draw a loot card for every instance that added enemies to the fight up to a max of 3.
if a threat card only says to draw other threat cards, you dont get a loot for this card but instead for those other cards you draw.
if a threat card adds monsters and tells you to draw a card as well then it does count for loot.

encounters can add enemies, darkness cards can add enemies, depth events can add enemies

the level of threat of a card doesnt matter for loot, you still only get 1 per card, but higher level threats often tell you to draw other cards and sometimes 2 so possibly resulting in 2-3 loot from a single initial high or epic threat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Scottdale
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yury1975 wrote:
So you draw epic threat card recieve either 1 or 3 loot cards. Doesn't seems reasonable for me, since complexity of all threat cards are more or less similar and doesn't have 3 time difference.

As a side note- with two player characters, you never draw Epic threats. You draw High threats instead, regardless of the written mission instructions.

Perhaps the next battle will be less impossible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The only problem with just drawing high threats are that the high threats are often more threatening than the epic threats, and if they weren't to start, they are once you start adding a bunch of elite talents. The Harbinger is pretty bad but 20 monsters with 3 elite talents might be a lot worse if you see what I mean.

It does depend on your hero types. Some monsters are harder for specific types of heroes, but I wonder it would be useful to go over the threats for various levels and talk about whether they belong in that level?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yury M
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AceAceBaby wrote:
yury1975 wrote:

As a side note- with two player characters, you never draw Epic threats. You draw High threats instead, regardless of the written mission instructions.

Perhaps the next battle will be less impossible.

Yes, i know the rule that you should use High threat instead of Epic playing with 2 characters.
But unfortunately I had "Two ways" (or something with similar name) encounter and selected left door, therefore my next battle (that unfortunately was final battle) was +1 threat level.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.