$20.00
$60.00
Ken Newell
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does it mess things up in the game if you just combine all the original gate markers with the ones from Lurker? I'm looking at just throwing them all together in a bag and making it random which one you get.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You will have an increased chance of multiple gates to the same Other World, which very slightly favors the Investigators.

The only rules problem is that you will make it almost impossible for the Ancient One to awaken because the Gate stack is empty. A little perspective on that; I have played over 150 games, and never had the Gate stack empty. Down to one, once, in a five hour game against Tsathoggua, but never empty.

I'd say if it suits you, go for it... though I personally think the Lurker Gates are more interesting, and we only use those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Newell
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I completely forgot about the running out of gates situation. We've never had that happen, nor even come close. We've lost long before that! Lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfie
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We mix ours in for the variety as well. We've never run out of gates with just one or the other set either, but you'd be guaranteed this would not happen with them mixed together. If you play with the hidden gates variant, you'd need to turn the Lurker gates face up to know their effects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the Gate sets as useful difficulty adjusters, so I prefer to keep them separate. Other than the elimination of one mechanism for waking the AO and the possibility of some "streakiness" in Dimensional Symbols, you should be fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.