Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank S
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't seen this come up anywhere and thought this would be the best place to ask Phil or the fine folks at AS!

Both the Volcanoes and Chocolate module instruct players to replace the Gold mine tiles. Was there an intention for these to not be played together?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad McKenzie
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. I've modified by adding a few of both, but you're right - Volcanoes don't seem to work with Chocolatl...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Wagner
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
When we thought about expansions for Cacao we quickly realized that there might be issues with game length and general balance of the game by just adding more tiles. Replacing certain groups of tiles with new tiles was a much better idea. Generally the easiest part to remove was the gold mines as it has little impact on the balance.

Phil designed a lot of different modules in the process but due to the replacement they couldn't be included all at the same time. Actually a lot of modules would replace the gold mines. For Chocolatl we chose a set of modules that worked very well together and the chocolate module had to replace 6 tiles total. We didn't focus on making it compatible with the Volcanoes but focused on a smooth package for Chocolatl instead. If you want to include the Volcanoes you could also try to replace 3 of the temples – I never tested it but it should work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.