Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eddie Carlson
United States
Clarksville
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I'm doing things wrong, but I just got done playing the scenario Shattered and I felt like I was missing status markers. First, I only have 4 neutral objective markers and Shattered starts with 6 locations, but none are listed as being under either's side. As I started to spread troops around, I ran out of move/fire markers and started to bunch up units so they could share statuses, not always what I wanted to do with units, but it's what happened. Also, clearly not enough damage markers for tanks. I got lots of damage results and eventually just skipped main gun and mgs results as I had no more markers to use.

I would like to see an intensive fire marker added to the game that has a shaken flip side. After intensive fire, it's a good reminder that the unit is done for the turn and can't rally that shaken off. When the end of the turn comes and you remove the status markers, you could flip intensive fire to the shaken side as a reminder you can now do the free rally and normal rally going forward to remove it.

I'm sure more will come in the West Expansion, so maybe this is a mute point. But for those that only stay in the East Front, they may feel shorted. Or I am truly missing counters...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
The game also has some confusion on the track markers. With both sides having same color etc. I dont see how you track the # of Impulse points lost per the casualty track.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
hipshot wrote:
The game also has some confusion on the track markers. With both sides having same color etc. I dont see how you track the # of Impulse points lost per the casualty track.

When the Axis kills or reduces a unit, score the appropriate "Enemy Casualties" on the Axis track. At the start of the turn divide the Axis Number by 5 and drop fractions. The Allies lose that many IPs. Repeat for the Allies. There is a track for each side I do believe.

Alternately, download my one page tracker sheet that puts all that stuff in a smaller format (still uses the same markers).

For me the bigger issue is if IPs lost exceeds the IP roll, does that side to nothing for the turn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Carlson
United States
Clarksville
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
klkitchens wrote:
hipshot wrote:

When the Axis kills or reduces a unit, score the appropriate "Enemy Casualties" on the Axis track. At the start of the turn divide the Axis Number by 5 and drop fractions. The Allies lose that many IPs. Repeat for the Allies. There is a track for each side I do believe.

Alternately, download my one page tracker sheet that puts all that stuff in a smaller format (still uses the same markers).

For me the bigger issue is if IPs lost exceeds the IP roll, does that side to nothing for the turn?

That is exactly how I play it. For me, narratively, it shows that the command and control for that side is in utter disarray as it tries to scrounge together men and material to conduct effective combat.
**Edited after reading below. Jamm clarified that you always have 1 impulse point. I couldn't find the answer in the rule book for tracking casualties however, so thanks for the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Carlson
United States
Clarksville
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hipshot wrote:

For that issue, I just wrote a note on a 3x5 index card what the reduction for each side is. Every 5 casualty points is a penalty of one impulse point, so I do a little math and then write a big fat -1, -2 etc. for that side so I don't forget.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Jaedrian wrote:
klkitchens wrote:
hipshot wrote:

That is exactly how I play it. For me, narratively, it shows that the command and control for that side is in utter disarray as it tries to scrounge together men and material to conduct effective combat.

I thought it was for EVERY 5 casualty points, you lose 1 IP. Each turn.
So lose 10 cas pts, you drop 2 IP every turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
hipshot wrote:
Jaedrian wrote:
klkitchens wrote:
hipshot wrote:

I thought it was for EVERY 5 casualty points, you lose 1 IP. Each turn.
So lose 10 cas pts, you drop 2 IP every turn.

That's what I said.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Logan
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes 1 Impulse pt lost per turn for every 5 Casualty pts.

Impulse pt total may never reduce below 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Logan
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I may not always comment but I always read everything.
And I do pick up on player's good ideas.

Such as Intensive Fire marker and tracker for negative Impulse modifiers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Walker
United States
Henry
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
'65 Squad Level Combat in Vietnam. On Kickstarter!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamm22 wrote:

Yep, intensive fire marker will be added to Volume 2. Will say that I've played about 57,823 games of OST and never forgotten who intensive fired... but hey, maybe that's just me. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Please consider TWO Intensive Fire markers in Vol. 2 so that one can be added to OST Eastern Front.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Barry Kendall wrote:
Please consider TWO Intensive Fire markers in Vol. 2 so that one can be added to OST Eastern Front.

More importantly a means to track lost Impulse points and color coded by side Impulse/VP points markers and objective markers (flipabale?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Carlson
United States
Clarksville
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark Holt Walker wrote:
Jamm22 wrote:

Yep, intensive fire marker will be added to Volume 2. Will say that I've played about 57,823 games of OST and never forgotten who intensive fired... but hey, maybe that's just me. cool

I have to admit, I don't use intensive fire often, however, as a solo player, I step away sometimes and just need those little reminders of who did what between impulses. Like you said, normally not an issue, but just thought it would be nice
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.