Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Danni Durante
Canada
Etobicoke
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could anybody tell me if there is any differences in the 2005 edition and the later versions? Aside from the box graphics that is. I'm looking at a trade for the 2005 Caylus and wondered if it was inferior to the later releases in respect to rules mods and components.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathias M
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The first edition (that should be 2005) does not include the Jeweller tile. This building was originally a promo they gave out at Essen. In all later editions this tile is included.
Regarding the Jeweller tile, so far I have played about 9 games of Caylus and the Jeweller was built once, or twice. So it is not the most important tile, but it gets used.

The rules of all editions are the same. The graphics were updated in later editions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Durante
Canada
Etobicoke
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boardmathias wrote:
The first edition (that should be 2005) does not include the Jeweller tile. This building was originally a promo they gave out at Essen. In all later editions this tile is included.
Regarding the Jeweller tile, so far I have played about 9 games of Caylus and the Jeweller was built once, or twice. So it is not the most important tile, but it gets used.

The rules of all editions are the same. The graphics were updated in later editions.

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Bush
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boardmathias wrote:

another difference, in the original versions the Lawyer building was worth 4 points, however, somewhere in the newer releases the Lawyer changed to be worth only 3 points when built. I don't think this has any effect on game play and can't imagine why they changed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.