$20.00
$5.00
$15.00
Daniel Burnett
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
My design partner and I have created a game called Age of Alliances and we are currently looking for some graphic designers and artists to flesh out the appearance of our product and web page as we continue to move forward through the next stages of development.

We understand that it is a little impersonal to just post this call-to-arms here on BGG’s forum. We fully intend on scouring the internet for artists we appreciate and contacting you all personally- but the internet is a big place and we figured it couldn’t hurt to post this here for more eyes to see.

The Game:
Age of Alliances is a board game which uses trading cards to augment the classic game of chess. We have been developing the game for almost two years now and have been moving along at a steady pace. We’ve gone through extensive trial runs and a long alpha period and, while it’s never a distinct line, I think it’s fair to say that earlier this year we moved into a beta phase. Most, if not all, of the large mechanics holes have been addressed and now we are focusing on smaller tweaks, card balances and starting to think about bringing our game past the prototype look it currently possesses.

The Theme:
While you can check out our rudimentary web page right now www.ageofalliances.com for a somewhat expanded vision of the game world, I will tell you now that the feel we are envisioning is somewhat like a low-fantasy steampunk setting. Basically, the world of Aetherian was the quintessential fantasy-realm with all the classic races, which lost all of its magic over a thousand years of war. These fantasy races then entered a bleak war-torn Industrial Age. Soot-stained brick factories, once-sentient mechanical beasts of war lay rusted and rotting in junkyards and airships crackling with electricity buzz through the smog, transporting the elite over the barren fields of starving farmers. Magic has finally reawoken and these races are once again discovering its incredible power.

While we both seem to appreciate moody-realism, a more stylistic approach is not out of the realm of possibility. Honestly, we are open to all ideas at the moment. If you're interested in learning more about the theme, I can share with you some of the artwork that exists online that we feel could embody the atmosphere we are envisioning.

The Scope:
Our intentions with the game are to first attempt to catch the eye of a publisher. The vision we have for the game, and where we’d like to see it end up would be much easier with the experience of an established company at the helm. That being said we are not looking for a full portfolio of art for the game, just a small showcase of original artwork. The purpose of moving it beyond the look of a prototype is for the intention of being able to show the game off with the same level of professionalism that we feel we embody behind the scenes.

The Work:
We are designing and envisioning the playing cards being very similar to other trading card games (i.e. Magic the Gathering, Yu-Gi-Oh!) therefore, what we prioritize most right now is an artist or graphic designer who can create a solid card template for us. We will also need a handful of original artwork for icons/graphics to use on the cards. (i.e. swords/shields, symbols representing resources and initiative, etc).

As far as full art pieces go, we are looking for an original commission to highlight each of our 7 factions, each with their own feel and theme, and an art piece to represent the entire world of Aetherian for the backdrop of our logo for the purpose of our web page and possibly even box art/posters.

The Terms:
We are interested in all ideas. Do you think you could handle both the card templates, icons and all 8 full-art commissions? Are you interested in working with us and just creating a single art piece for one of the factions that interests you? Please just let us know, we are very interested in working with some like-minded people. We'd love to hear your input and price options because after all, the artist knows best.

I think it’s important to mention here that while we are seeking these one-time commissions for the sake of showing it off to publishers, we may very well be forced to move towards self-publishing this game and crowdfunding it. With that in mind, know that at that point we would be looking for a much more extensive relationship with an artist or several artists. At that point, it could very well transcend commissioned art pieces and move into a more in depth business model or official partnership.

If you are interested in speaking with us please feel free to contact me here through PM or at ageofalliances@gmail.com

Also, again for reference, check out our website www.ageofalliances.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enoch Sup Lee
United States
NY
flag msg tools
Heya Daniel!

I'm quite interested in doing some card art for you and the project!
Here's my portfolio for you to consider: enochsuplee.com
Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julijana M
msg tools
I am definitely interested! I have experience in both card illustrations and card template and intricate border designs! (they are not published in my portfolio since the games aren't out yet so I cant show them publicly, but I'd be more than happy to show you a watermarked examples in a private message)
Here is my portfolio https://www.artstation.com/artist/julijanam
Let me know if you are interested in us working together!

Feel free to email me at janchy-91@hotmail.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.