Stephen Stewart
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
It's sooo Hot out here...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still confused as to the rule that units in CREST status get fired upon in the OPEN when their MF is added to the terrain going into...

You can argue realism...but this is really dumb imo...

Units exiting a BUILDING are much more restricted in their egress from the structure as it moves to the next terrain. To apply this to CREST status units is dumb. ESPECIALLY since units IN the depression do not suffer the same penalty when crossing (and expending MORE MF)the exact same hexside.

To me, this rule is OBVIOUSLY broken.

Just curious if anyone else has a similar opinion...

Yes, its a game and yes its in the RB...but so many other things are incorrect and nonsensical.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
what you have to understand is that units in CREST status are in a very specific position close to that side of the hex that is higher than the level IN the hex.

if they move out of the hex on the other side, they first go down INTO the hex to then go up the other side to exit it which results in much more movement within the same hex, while units IN the hex already start down there so it takes them less movement.

also, while thus changing position, those units in CREST status do so in the view of the enemy, while units IN the hex are generally out of sight.

compared to a building, the units are expected to start their movement in the middle of the hex so again there is no extra movement from the side of the hex to the middle of the hex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.