Subject: questions after the first game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Halasz
Hungary
Szada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the unsearchable subject, but i didn't want to spam the forum with separate threads.
So we have a couple of questions after the first game, I hope you can help us.
1. Do I have to activate each of my units or can I pass before that?
2. Do birds have to move in the air? And what about when perched? Do they have to launch?
3. Can perched birds (rider) attack? What can they do?
4. Do I have to deal the movement value of a squad between the figures or each figure can move that much?
5. Can a bird go to a mission?
6. Can a bird swoop before perch? And after a launch?

Thank you for your answers in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Bergmark
msg tools
Unofficially interpreted:

1. If you are not able to activate any unit, you may pass and earn a cheese. You may activate a unit, and not do anything, but you will then not gain any cheese.

2. No. They may move as a large ground figure when perched.

3. I guess they act as a ground figure, and with the riders abilities, may use melee or long range attack.

4. Each figure uses the squad ability, no need to divide the unit abilities between figures.

5. No, but can swoopattack an enemy mission and reveal it.

6. Yes, have not found anything that forbids it, except for swoopattack the same place it launched from (or started its turn on).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Liu
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. I think the question being asked is whether you can pass even if you have a unit that hasn't yet been activated? No, you may only pass if you have no available and unactivated units.

Also, a slight correction to Vantskruv's response: if you activate a ground unit and do nothing, you get a cheese because you are foraging (additional rule).

2. Correct, perched birds = large ground figures.

3. Yes, perched birds can attack as normal, except treat it as a ground figure for the purposes of determining what it can attack.

4. Correct, each squad figure (up to the squad value) can move the full move value.

5. Correct, birds are prohibited from going on missions.

6. Correct. Of course, you cannot launch, swoop attack and then land again. This is to prevent a bird from just swooping over a nest again and again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Halasz
Hungary
Szada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you both.

One-two more question: what does "large unit" mean? I have not found anything about this in the rule. Is it only two things? It needs a full space and it counts 3 in a mission (except birds)? But what other large units we have?

and

How a perched bird does his attack? Same way as in the air (with pilot's attack value)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Liu
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, currently, I think that's right for large units. They also cannot be immobilized.

Re: other large units, there are, of course, the Mice and Mystics Centipede and Spider. Even if you don't own that game, I'd encourage you to proxy those additional cards (as well as the others) as there is so much game in the box when you add in all the "bonus cards."

And yes, a perched bird uses its pilot's attack value when attacking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.