8 Posts

Starfarers of Catan» Forums » General

Subject: Resale value in 2016 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
timbob1907 Tim
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just started looking through my old games to sell off a few and realized I had Starfarers with the 5-6 player expansion.
My first thought was to bring it to the closest gaming store and sell it for store credit. Not because the game was horrible or anything but I can't remember playing it in 10+ years. I can set the price but I only get credit if it sells. I originally thought of selling it for $20-30 but when I looked on various websites I saw $90+ prices... Is this really a game that can be sold for that much? Or are those prices listed because no one buys it at that price?
My copy isn't missing anything, the expansion stickers are still on the sheet, three of the ship antenna had broken off and been glued back on.
Any help or advice would be appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clicking on this thread, I have a link to Amazon appear above your question that shows Amazon have the base game for sale at £268.03
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll give you $20. Cash. Money.

Seriously, yeah, good condition copies can go pretty high. Also good trading fodder on here. It's actually a pretty decent game with a lot more depth than Catan itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre C
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
FunkyBlue wrote:

Off topic, I find it amusing/irritating the people that reply to Craigslist ads with that when they're lowballing you. As if paying "cash" is somehow a magic solution that's going to make me drop my price by 50%. Do they think everyone else is paying by credit card or post dated cheques or Canadian Tire bucks?

Back on topic, I've got a copy too, but it's the only version of Catan that I've kept and honestly I don't know what I'd price mine at if I did. It takes up space, but I'd rather keep it as a novelty for people to play, since everyone else seems to already have Catan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
If the antennae aren't broken, easily $50-60+, but if they are, probably that or a little less, but it'll be tougher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cruisechum wrote:
FunkyBlue wrote:

Off topic, I find it amusing/irritating the people that reply to Craigslist ads with that when they're lowballing you. As if paying "cash" is somehow a magic solution that's going to make me drop my price by 50%. Do they think everyone else is paying by credit card or post dated cheques or Canadian Tire bucks?

Back on topic, I've got a copy too, but it's the only version of Catan that I've kept and honestly I don't know what I'd price mine at if I did. It takes up space, but I'd rather keep it as a novelty for people to play, since everyone else seems to already have Catan.

I just do that out if habit.someone selling a car? 20 bucks. House? 20 bucks. It's just me being an idiot, but I still do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
timbob1907 Tim
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MD1616 wrote:
If the antennae aren't broken, easily $50-60+, but if they are, probably that or a little less, but it'll be tougher.

Hmmm yeah 3 of the six broke and had to be glued back on. I remember them being incredibly delicate, one wrong move and they were on the floor
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Slater
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Tim how did you get them to stay on i have the game and no glue I've tried worked to keep those tips on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.