Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Munchkin» Forums » Rules

Subject: Items rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hello everyone! As i have played some more games of munchkin, 5 new questions have come up:
1. How can the rest of the players help the munchkin who plays the very first turn of the game, kicks the door and encounters a big level monster that he can't win, so he asks for help? Only with their level and any one-shot items(since their turn hasn't come yet so they'll be able to play items from their hand)?
2. Can i play items that i can't use due to any reason( for example Race restriction) from my hand to the table sideways (carried) and maybe use them later, if i change my Race?
3.Does the card "Super Munchkin" need to be attached to a Class card and if that card gets discarded, "Super Munchkin" gets discarded too? Suppose that i am a thief, and i play the "Super Munchkin" card, along with a wizard card..if the wizard card gets discarded, can i attach the "Super Munchkin" card on the remaining thief card?
4.Having the card "Super Munchkin" or "Half-breed" attached to a sole Class or Race card (giving me only the benefits from them)allows me to use items that normaly couldn't be used from that Race or Class?
5.Can i attach the Hireling to a 2-handed item if i already have 2 items for my hands in the table (carrying one more item, regardless if it's one-handed or two-handed)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

#1 Page 1, Character Creation - when you receive those eight cards at the start of the game you have an opportunity to play any *usable* cards down in front of you. So if you got a good weapon in your initial draw you may equip it before the first player's first turn. That means it can make you a better helper.

#2 Yes, this is usually referred to as having the item "in your backpack". See second paragraph under Items on page 3.

#3 Super Munchkin is not "attached". It just lets you do all its special stuff. If you have Super Munchkin and a Class you can add a second Class. If you have Super Munchkin and two classes you can give up either, no problem. You lose Super Munchkin if, voluntarily or not, you lose your all your Class cards. The thing you cannot do is have a "naked" Super Munchkin or Half-Breed card, that is, have SM but no Class or have HB but no Race. See the FAQ:

http://www.worldofmunchkin.com/faq/

#4 Yup, again as per the bottom of page 2/top of page 3 having SM/HB with only one card allows you all the advantages and none of the specifically named disadvantages of that Race or Class.

#5 See the rules for Munchkin 4: The Need for Steed online. Most Hirelings that give you extra Hands don't attach to specific items, they just allow you to use more Hand items. But look at the hireling card - some do not give you hands, and some (like the Elf Hireling) do use specific items for you.

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanks! Just wanna clear out the last question.I have the very first Munchkin.It gives a +1 bonus in battle, and the text(in translation) in the Hireling card is: "Lets you carry and use one extra Item.If you lose the Hireling, you lose the Item too.You can discard the Hireling to automatically get away from a monster"..and after the picture, at the bottom:"Put this card in front of you along with your equipment". So i guess it has to be attached to the Item.But does it allow the player to use any Item, even if it's a two-handed Item, and he already uses two one-handed or another two-handed weapon, so that with the card he gets to a total of 4 hands...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Hireling from the base set does indeed let you wield any one Item. You ignore the restrictions on it, so yes, the Hireling will allow you to use a 2-Handed weapon in addition to other Handed weapons you have equipped in your usual two Hands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I can't figure out which card this corresponds to in the English edition, but looking at the rules for Need for Steed I thin this is one of the Hirelings that *does* attach to a specific piece of equipment, which is lost if you lose the Hireling.

I see no reason why the Hireling couldn't use a two handed item. The Hireling does have two hands. It's *not* the same as you having four hands, it just means that you can use a two handed item in addition to two one-handed items or a two handed item.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hackard
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andreww wrote:

I can't figure out which card this corresponds to in the English edition,

You're using an outdated set, based on your answers to another question here. The poster's translation is essentially correct and Clipper's response is definitely correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.