Subject: HotAC Constructed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Miller
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After having everything but the rulebook printed, I spent a weekend gluing and cutting.

I had the installation pieces printed on 65# cardstock, which I glued to another layer of 65# stock, which I then glued to black foamboard. The results are very pretty. I still need to finish the turrets, as I'm trying to decide on a method for attaching the turret to base (I'm leaning towards magnets), but everything else is done.

I've also worked on laminating all the cards to keep them nice for a long time.

Definitely a labor of love.

Thanks, Josh!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mogwahh
United Kingdom
Worcester
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your copy of HotAC looks great!

I am at the stage of having everything printed off (unfortunately just on to normal paper) and cut out

I now intent to either back certain things onto black card or black foam core for extra durability

What can you recommend for glues to use?

Great Job!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miller
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just standard 3M spray adehesive. It holds up pretty well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mogwahh
United Kingdom
Worcester
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great would that be good for sticking paper too ( no shrinkages)?
Also did you just use a craft knife to cut the foam core, the cutting to the foam core looks perfect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miller
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, the adhesive works very well doing paper to paper as well as paper to foam board.

For cutting, I use a hobby knife, a metal ruler and change the blade frequently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Chadwick

Charlotte
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome to see. That's what I was wishing I had printed mine on. I've been suggesting it to other people whenever someone asks. I like the non-slip aspect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Garman
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why did you use two layers of cardstock? Does gluing the printed cardstock directly to the foam board cause issues?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miller
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I initially was going to just run with cardstock, but I had a piece of foamboard from a previous insert build and said "screw it".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miller
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Regular black foamboard. It's all I use because it covers up slight imperfections.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.