7 Posts

Eclipse» Forums » General

Subject: Starbases cannot be equipped with drives... Doh... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Moo Cow
msg tools
blush

So I just played against my son and totally wrecked the game. It seemed way too easy because the Starbase was cheap, had plenty of upgrade slots and had a power module outside of the upgrade tiles that always remained there.

I saw that and upgraded all my Starbases with drives and some nice cannons, built all four of them and them proceeded to wreck everything in my path.

Then I googled for a quick question on where Starbases fall in terms of "largest ship" size for when an alien ship hits... Then I was led here and found out I was totally cheating the entire time and that you can't equip them with drives to move them around.

I looked through the rules and it seemed like the instructions just sort of mention it briefly in one spot, but doesn't really drive the point home.

Thought I'd figured the game out. Only to find out that I just screwed the game up. Oh well! Next time I'll know. They sure did feel really overpowered and unbalanced!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep...that's why they're "bases".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ess Why
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
"That's no moon. It's a space station."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
esswhy wrote:

No, no ... in this game they are called Death Moons. One wonders why whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vende Vendetta
Spain
santiago de compostela
A CORUñA
flag msg tools
Deathmoons are only the Pyxis one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Appreciate the story Moo Cow. We all get rules wrong at some point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
esswhy wrote:

You may fire when.. they're in the same sector as we are. And only if we have initiative

Otherwise, let their puny X-Wings attack first. How much damage could those possibly do? laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.