GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,915 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Tooting Town» Forums » General

Subject: My nearly 5-year-old is obsessed with this game right now rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon P
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
My nearly 5-year-old daughter is in love with this game right now. I often propose playing games with her, and she can often kind of take them or leave them. But for the last week or so she has wanted to do little else but play this. I think we've played it 40 times in the last 3 days alone.

No, it's not the most engaging thing ever for adults, but it's a hundred times better than Chutes and Ladders and other roll-and-move games.

Well worth the print-out.

One small variant we've tried that's not mentioned in the rules: In 2- or 3-player games, mix the unused houses into the usual stack of 12 locations. I can't decide if it changes things all that much, but the houses do sometimes force the board to spread out a little. We don't play it that way every time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanja Gallate
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's awesome! I love it when I hear about kids and parents having fun together playing board games.
I enjoyed playing this game too, and I loved how the town ends up being different each time you play, so you never get bored with it. It's a game that young kids can have fun with, making sure the tiles are matched when the town is being built, while the older ones can go a step further and place them strategically. So I can imagine you and your daughter will be playing this game for a few years to come!
The colorful graphics and the simple rules make it appealing and easy to play. There was good reason for it to have done so well in the 2015 children's PNP game design contest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Anstey
Wales
Barry
Vale of Glamorgan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, thanks for the post. It's great to know that people are enjoying playing the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.