Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
LJ
Canada
Stoney Creek
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You put a game(s) in your cart and continue to shop. By the time you check out, you're informed that one of the items is no longer available. It sucks but it happens. But what about this - the item sells out while in your cart but instead of letting you know, the system processes it as a pre-order instead, without indicating so. So you cash out and receive an email two days later (after you've inquired about when your package will ship) telling you that your items will be sent once they're in stock...because your order was a pre-order. Is this ok? Thoughts?

Meanwhile the game sold out at other shops...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well . . . no. Not really.

But assuming you're actually going to get the order there's not much you can do unless you think those other stores will get their restock faster. Assuming it's a better price the first place you checked or it wouldn't really be the first place you checked. That savings goes to them having a stupid cart system. Don't shop there in the future. Cancel it now and preorder from their competitor if you really want to prove a point.

I'd be annoyed if I cared. (Most of my orders are preorders. Once you start, there's never anything in print you want!!!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
Canada
Stoney Creek
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The price is the same at the other olgs I shop at. It just so happened that there were other items that the store I ordered from had in stock that I also wanted. I may cancel the order altogether.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LJplays wrote:
You put a game(s) in your cart and continue to shop. By the time you check out, you're informed that one of the items is no longer available. It sucks but it happens. But what about this - the item sells out while in your cart but instead of letting you know, the system processes it as a pre-order instead, without indicating so. So you cash out and receive an email two days later (after you've inquired about when your package will ship) telling you that your items will be sent once they're in stock...because your order was a pre-order. Is this ok? Thoughts?

Meanwhile the game sold out at other shops...

That seems to suck. Quick ?... Did it appear you were charged the entire amount at checkout or just the amount for the item in stock?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
Canada
Stoney Creek
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was charged the entire amount.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LJplays wrote:

Not sure about the legality of that move by the retailer. Did you contact them about this unexpected "functionality"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Bull
United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you should cancel you pre-order and buy the My Little Pony CCG. Thank me later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
Canada
Stoney Creek
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
LJplays wrote:

Not sure about the legality of that move by the retailer. Did you contact them about this unexpected "functionality"?

I have but have not heard back. I will update here when I do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LJplays wrote:
darthhugo wrote:
LJplays wrote:

I have but have not heard back. I will update here when I do.

Would be interesting to hear. It definitely isn't standard, and perhaps there are reasons for this odd practice, such as lack of experience in OLGS business? Dunno.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D-Rock Roberts
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Happened to me the other day. I put an item in my cart just fine, it was listed as In Stock. When I went to check out, it said item was no longer available. I went back to the page and it said out of stock, new shipment expected in September.

Frustrating, but what can you do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ItsyBitsyMinis wrote:
Happened to me the other day. I put an item in my cart just fine, it was listed as In Stock. When I went to check out, it said item was no longer available. I went back to the page and it said out of stock, new shipment expected in September.

That isn't exactly the situation he is describing though. His example is less cool and more annoying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
Canada
Stoney Creek
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ItsyBitsyMinis wrote:

Well that's not what happened to me.

In any case, it's been resolved. There was indeed a system error. Luckily, a few more copies arrived over the weekend and I've been sent one of those along with a small discount for a future purchase and a very nice apology. So I'm pleased.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LJplays wrote:
ItsyBitsyMinis wrote:

Well that's not what happened to me.

In any case, it's been resolved. There was indeed a system error. Luckily, a few more copies arrived over the weekend and I've been sent one of those along with a small discount for a future purchase and a very nice apology. So I'm pleased.

So, was it a temporary system error or an intended system error/function?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
Canada
Stoney Creek
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
So, was it a temporary system error or an intended system error/function?

Not intended. It should have stopped allowing people to purchase once stock hit zero. Instead it was allowing for negative values of inventory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery Hudson
United States
Washington
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If they are using an off the shelf retail system then Someone just forgot to toggle the negative inventory feature off. I'm sure they are happy (and embarrassed) you notified them. Glad you've gotten it taken care of and it worked out so well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.