Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I've had this question since my first session with the game and I've never found an answer to it: If a survivor is already knocked down, can they also be knocked back?

Logically, it seems like a person lying on the ground would not be affected by something such as a lion's roar that knocks them back. But the rules don't technically say that knocked down survivors are immune to knock back. Or did I just miss that somewhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Scott
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I play that a knocked down survivor can be knocked back still. These are huge beasts the toss them around IMHO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
One of the main ways to get knocked back is for something to occupy the same space you do. If being knocked down make you immune to being knocked back the logical alternating would be being crushed to death instead.

Another way to look at it for the lion example is that when you are knocked down you can still dodge. You basically rolling around on the ground not laying there limp. The same would be true for the lion roar, just being on the ground doesn't mean you aren't frantically trying to scramble away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Onyx
msg tools
Glic2003 wrote:
But the rules don't technically say that knocked down survivors are immune to knock back.

I feel like you answered your own question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.