Hide
7 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Jessica Jones Custom Hero rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Connor Holland
msg tools
So this is my first ever post so hope this works...
Heres my Jessica Jones custom hero that me and my boyfriend love using.
Rare:

Uncommon:

Common 1:

Common 2:

So there here was my thinking behind these cards:
Common 1: I wanted to make one with reference to her time being controlled by Kilgrave (the purple man) and thought that for her strength and low cost (i.e. easily controlled by purple man) that wounds should be given, and since it's easy to take out most henchmen with her, an extra one for taking them out. The wounds symbolize her pain at having to hurt these people against her will
Common 2: As a P.I. I felt that by lowering her cost for a K.O.'d hero it'd symbolise her taking on the case for a lower cost as someone died and she'd wanna help. The guessing part is the investigation and if you add the strength (green) ability its her stopping the perp getting away (and combos well with using multiple of this card to gain lotsa buying)
Uncommon: Overcoming the past, finding strength in her future essentially. Need I say more
And finally rare: I have a love for the defenders and how they save people at the street level, thus the city is their domain, villains here have a dissadvantage, and with enough of them, then even the mastermind is weakened.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmb
The theme on these cards comes through really well, with the wounds presumably representing more mental trauma than physical (that's true to the show, which is the only exposure I have to her).

Are you looking for feedback, or just to share?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Holland
msg tools
Both hahaha, good or bad feedback, all is welcome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Petit
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like her, and your thematic idea for wounds is sweet. Welcome to the gang of card makers! For a first post this is really nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Holland
msg tools
Thanks for the positive feedback ^.^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
mbmbmbmbmb
Added to the Marvel Master Database.

thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice cards. Just a couple of thoughts.

The Covert Common feels a bit too complex - I can see the thought process, and it's nice thematically, but the tiny font size suggests there's a bit too much going on (the plague of being a custom-card designer. If you were Devin Low, you could just create a new Keyword to make things easier). I'm not sure how best to change this, but I feel this would be tricky to read on an actual card.

I also wonder if the Rare is a bit expensive? Obviously, if you can trigger the -2 Attack on all villains, it's very powerful, but if you can't (quite likely if she's the only MK hero in a game), she's just a 5-attack, which would typically only be 7 or 8 cost maybe?

Both minor things though- overall, really like these.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.