Popular Tags: [View All]
Glenn Manser
Canada
Didsbury
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,
Just looking for guidance/clarification.
I offered a trade to a fellow user, which was accepted. I haven't shipped out his game (the trade was accepted 2 days ago) but I did receive the acceptance email generated by BGG.com
My question is, is it customary for both parties to email each other prior to shipping? I emailed the other user telling them I'd be shipping ASAP and would get a tracking number, and asked for the same from him. I haven't heard back from them.
I just wanted to check and see if that's normal, or should I wait to ship until I hear back? I'm torn, and any advice would be awesome!
Thanks all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Quite a few traders don't do any emailing at all, unfortunately. It's likely that there is no problem here, if the other person has a history of some completed trades; just watch for the geekmail notice of shipment and see if there isn't a tracking number included in that.

If one of you is a newbie to BGG trading and the other is not, the little courtesy often observed here is that the newbie should ship first, but if you are both experienced traders, you can almost surely go ahead and ship without any worries. It could easily be that your trade partner has simply had a busy weekend and may be planning to ship on Monday.

meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Manser
Canada
Didsbury
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome...I am new to the trading game, so that's why I wanted to check on the etiquette :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.