3 Posts

Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: DoW the Long Night Variant? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wayne
Canada
flag msg tools
I just got a hold of the long night and we tried both the story modes for the Raxxon module and the Bandits module, both being pretty awesome. Has anyone tried making up their own story based variant? I've seen a few posts about Legacy campaigning but what worked best was the uncertainty of the what would happen when completing R/B1 and moving onto R/B2 etc.

Also, has anyone tried exploring anything with two colonies (I'm trying to think of some ideas about using the original and expansion as a variant...could be interesting).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First a quick note...unless you make permanent changes to the game board or characters in the game or items or something it's not Legacy. It's simply a campaign. Sorry that's just a pet peeve of mine.

That being said, a while ago I did mess around with playing all the base game missions in chronological order and anyone who died was unavailable for the rest of the campaign. It was a lot of fun and DID make your characters feel less disposable. However, I ended up abandoning the campaign after about 4 plays I think because my pool of survivors was just too depleted.

I would imagine something similar could be done with TLN especially if the missions have dates attached to them like they did in the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ezequiel Wittner
Argentina
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
waynesworld91 wrote:
I just got a hold of the long night and we tried both the story modes for the Raxxon module and the Bandits module, both being pretty awesome. Has anyone tried making up their own story based variant? I've seen a few posts about Legacy campaigning but what worked best was the uncertainty of the what would happen when completing R/B1 and moving onto R/B2 etc.

Checkout this thread: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1401390/double-dead-winter-...

I've already tried using both colonies and it is totally possible, but needs a lot of tweaks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.