Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Hamer
United States
Oakville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a physical copy of the game, but all of my games so far have been on the iPad. I ran into an interesting rule complication that I wanted to verify the way the app handled it.

In one round towards the end of the first phase, I had it lined up to contribute to the castle and get the building favor that would let me build a wood building without the wood. However, one of the players took both wood crafting buildings and built the last two wood buildings available. The game then locked me out of progressing any further down the building favor track because there were no buildings left for me to build.

Is this correct? I didn't see anything on this in the rulebook, but it seems just as likely that I should've been able to use the favor and gain nothing than to forever be locked out of anything higher on the building track because I couldn't actually cash in the favor.

Thanks everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Dorward
Canada
flag msg tools
That sounds like a bug (a rare one: it's pretty uncommon in the first phase for all the wood buildings to get built!!!!). The rules say you automatically advance on the favour track of your choice, and CAN build a building if you pick that favour, but not that you HAVE to in order to advance. The advance should occur regardless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Bush
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nate Dorward wrote:
That sounds like a bug (a rare one: it's pretty uncommon in the first phase for all the wood buildings to get built!!!!). The rules say you automatically advance on the favour track of your choice, and CAN build a building if you pick that favour, but not that you HAVE to in order to advance. The advance should occur regardless.

I'm sure this is correct too, you don't have to build to advance. Sometimes on the computer you have to choose the "next" space if you've already used the building space once. Maybe?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liallan G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nate Dorward wrote:
That sounds like a bug (a rare one: it's pretty uncommon in the first phase for all the wood buildings to get built!!!!).

I think he's meaning the end of the worker placement phase, which is actually phase 2 if you want to be anal. I'm assuming you misinterpreted him to mean in the first round/turn. I'm sure this was several rounds into the game.

Anyway, I have the rules in front of me:
"Whenever a player earns a favor, they must choose a line at once, and, if it is possible, advance their marker to the right. Then, the player can use one of the effects provided on the chosen line, between level 1 and the level currently indicated by the marker."

Sounds like a bug, but that possibility does exist that you didn't do something correctly with the interface. I hope you took a different favor - would hate to see that wasted. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Hamer
United States
Oakville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I hope you took a different favor - would hate to see that wasted.

I did, I ended up plowing into the VP track and ended up losing by about five points (115-113-110, IIRC). I'll defeinitely be submitting this as a bug then, assuming Big Daddy Creations is still supporting. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Dorward
Canada
flag msg tools
Liallan wrote:
Nate Dorward wrote:
That sounds like a bug (a rare one: it's pretty uncommon in the first phase for all the wood buildings to get built!!!!).

I think he's meaning the end of the worker placement phase, which is actually phase 2 if you want to be anal. I'm assuming you misinterpreted him to mean in the first round/turn. I'm sure this was several rounds into the game.

Ah I had assumed the OP had meant the first part of the game (building the dungeons, before the first milestone) rather than the worker-placement phase of the turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Hamer
United States
Oakville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nate Dorward wrote:
Liallan wrote:
Nate Dorward wrote:

Ah I had assumed the OP had meant the first part of the game (building the dungeons, before the first milestone) rather than the worker-placement phase of the turn.

That's right, I should have made sure I knew the terminology before I posted. Yes, it was the last round before the first counting, I was planning on using my royal favor after the castle building phase, but another player built the last wood buildings during the building activation phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.