5 Posts

Star Trek: Frontiers» Forums » General

Subject: Expansion thoughts? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon G
msg tools
mbmbmb
So this game is incredible, and seems to be selling extremely well at least in my area. Which hopefully means expansion. What would you want to see/expect to see?

The natural conclusion with Seven of Nine being any indication is the Voyager Ship and crew. Maybe that ship and a captured Romulan/Dominion ship? Some key characters would be nice and other than the complete Voyager crew:
Old Spock
Crushers
Old Kirk

I would really like to see the original series in here but designers would have to let the whole continuity bit go so that Kirk's crew can kill some Borg! Anyone else have thoughts on what you would like to see?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Primm
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
Aside from the obvious Lost Legion variant (I'm guessing it'll be the Borg Queen making her way to the wormhole) and new ships (Voyager for the obvious one, and something more interesting like Vulcans or a commandeered Dominion vessel), I'd like to see an expansion that fixes away missions. They're good mechanically, but I'd like an expansion that does something like this:

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/134115/away-team-random-m...

Adding an actual new mechanic instead of more scenarios and characters would really be exciting for this game. Not only would it make away missions really feel different from combat, it would inject some great flavor.

That and a second edition of the rulebook that changes a few things about assaulting Class-M planets and subjugating outposts. Those work for Klingons, but not at all for the Federation. Commandeering outposts, clearing out the Dominion from Class-M planets, etc. But that's a kind of minor "flavor want" and will be something that a lot of people just incorporate into their game anyway.

Edit: Oh! Duh. Like in Mage Knight, I'd like to see each deck get modified versions of a few of the base cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Imboden
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
More Q.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon G
msg tools
mbmbmb
Great ideas! Especially with the away missions. That would be an awesome mechanic to go more into depth with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arne Kaiser
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Give me Romulans (and Dominion) as playable factions, please.

Then make Federation and Klingon space stations and enemy ships, with rules regarding same-faction neutrality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.