Dragonwood» Forums » Rules

Subject: Friendly Bunny rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
a curtis
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Quick question: Must the friendly bunny card be placed into a capture attempt before the dice are rolled (thereby adding an extra die up front)or can it be played if needed in a failed attempt...it's unclear from reading the card.
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Kisgen
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You must play it before the dice are rolled. However, if you fail using it, you can save it for another try. Although for a tougher variant, you can say if you fail it is gone (but most people I have found prefer the more friendly approach).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Peyster
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
curtisonline wrote:
Quick question: Must the friendly bunny card be placed into a capture attempt before the dice are rolled (thereby adding an extra die up front)or can it be played if needed in a failed attempt...it's unclear from reading the card.
Thanks!

Agree rules are vague on this. My family plays that you must declare before the role. I think this is *certainly* the way you need to play if you're going to play the variant that you get the bunny back if you fail on capture when you use it. Otherwise it would be seriously overpowered for its purchase price.

Personally, we play that one-time-use enchantments are burned even if you fail on a role. I honestly never contemplated doing it the other way, though I do agree that it seems consistent with the overall "light punishment" ethos of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Kisgen
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jpeyster wrote:
curtisonline wrote:
Thanks!

Agree rules are vague on this. My family plays that you must declare before the role. I think this is *certainly* the way you need to play if you're going to play the variant that you get the bunny back if you fail on capture when you use it. Otherwise it would be seriously overpowered for its purchase price.

Personally, we play that one-time-use enchantments are burned even if you fail on a role. I honestly never contemplated doing it the other way, though I do agree that it seems consistent with the overall "light punishment" ethos of the game.

I agree the rules are vague on this. I also agree you should definitely declare the use of the card before the capture attempt.

As for whether to discard it on a failed attempt, it really is a matter of personal preference. Even my own family is divided on this! Believe it or not, my wife thinks you should discard on a failed attempt, whereas I slightly prefer the "light punishment", as you say, of not having to discard it or at least getting one more chance with it. As always though, as long as people are having fun playing the game, I am happy with any house rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.