Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Infi
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
I honestly don't see a valid reason to sell a character in turn 4. Since there is no hand limit, it is always best to keep all characters, enjoy their benefits and score them at the end of the game. Selling only to rehire them again makes no sense either as it wastes a valuable action. Does anyone know a scenario in which it would make sense to sell a character in the middle of the game instead of simply scoring at the end?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Me Me
United Kingdom
Somerset
flag msg tools
Easy Gamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only other points I can is the chance to get VP twice, although it takes more actions to hire them. Some characters seem a lot more beneficial then others, so choosing carefully is a strategic decision.

Another benefit is that they do not get stolen the next turn you hire them. That's all I see

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Infi
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Converting them to points and rehiring seems like a bad way of using actions to score an extra 2 VP. It seems like converting an unneeded character to prevent it from being stolen is probably the biggest benefit but still it is hard to think of a character that would be unneeded for half of a game.

I start to wonder if perhaps the early version of the game had a hand limit of characters, in which case the option of converting a character to points would make perfect sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.