Subject: [Era of Sages] Event cards - Council of Sages rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Ward
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
These two event cards say, in part, "Each player may distribute at his own discretion, either up to 2 owls among his sages or up to 2 resources among regions with an adjacent sage."

When I first read this card I assumed it meant you could merely move owls from one sage card to another. My opponent said that sounded pretty lame. I agreed and checked the rule book. Near the bottom of page 25 the blurb for this card uses the wording "You receive either (up to) 2 owls or (up to) 2 resources..."

That made much more sense, and made the card more worthwhile. So, why on earth did they use the word distribute on the card? It wasn't to save space, for receive actually takes a little less room than distribute. Nor do the words mean the same thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reiner Dr. Düren
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We used "distribute", since you may either give sage A 2 owls or sage B 1 owl and sage C the second owl, or add either 2 resources to region 1 or 1 resource to region 2 and 1 resource to region 3, respectively.

Dr. Reiner Düren
Catan GmbH
Rivals Editorial board

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.