Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In honour of the fact that the Hostage Negotiator: Crime Wave stand-alone/expansion is hitting kickstarter later today (Monday), I played two games against Lieutenant Jackson. This abductor introduces the Stockholm Syndrome track, hostages that end up there cannot be rescued until they are brought back to the main board. Lieutenant Jackson has been framed for murder so you need to keep him calm until you can prove his innocence and release all the hostages. If a single hostage is killed you lose the game.

There are two 1 point cards in the game that allow you to prevent all hostage deaths from a single source by discarding the card. Needless to say it is crucial to keep at least one of these cards in your hand at all times.

My first game I foolishly spent my last prevent all deaths card and had to survive one terror phase with no protection. Inevitably this resulted in a hostage death and my defeat.

My second game I managed to get to the pivotal terror event with most of the hostages pulled to safety. It came down to a final roll where I needed two shields to win, but could only roll two dice due to the pivotal terror event taking away one of my dice. With a final roll of only one shield, I managed to save the last hostage, but did not manage to capture Lieutenant Jackson, who escaped through the back door. So close...

I have left this set up on the table so I can play again tomorrow while waiting for the KS for the new set to go live. I am going to be a day one backer of this for sure, this has been my most played game this year. A quick-playing, tense, and exciting narrative romp every time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Greenwood
United States
White Bear Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Enjoyable game play description. Thanks for the strategy tips. I have only gotten through APs #1 & 2 and ready to tackle #3 now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.