Imperial Settlers» Forums » General

Subject: Are there enough resource tokens? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Travis Vandenberg
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Has anyone had issues running out of resource tokens yet? I was playing as Egypt today in a solo game and managed to abuse Sphinxes with Goldsmiths and especially Slaver to score 176 points (I had insane luck drawing 5 ruins and getting my resource buildings early on). This engine was powered by the incredibly strong WCWBF card Gifts for the Pharaoh which lets you store any resources or gold on it and produces up to 5 of what you left. One turn I stored 9 gold and then produced 6 gold off of other cards and deals, giving me 24 gold the next turn (all my tokens). I noticed only after that there are six x5 tokens in case you run out, but I could still see people running out with all the extra storage buildings provided in the expansions. Has anyone run into this problem yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koolin
Netherlands
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can always put x5 on x5 making it x25 (or even worse x5 on x5 on x5 equals x125 devil)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WhatAChamp wrote:
Has anyone had issues running out of resource tokens yet? I was playing as Egypt today in a solo game and managed to abuse Sphinxes with Goldsmiths and especially Slaver to score 176 points (I had insane luck drawing 5 ruins and getting my resource buildings early on). This engine was powered by the incredibly strong WCWBF card Gifts for the Pharaoh which lets you store any resources or gold on it and produces up to 5 of what you left. One turn I stored 9 gold and then produced 6 gold off of other cards and deals, giving me 24 gold the next turn (all my tokens). I noticed only after that there are six x5 tokens in case you run out, but I could still see people running out with all the extra storage buildings provided in the expansions. Has anyone run into this problem yet?

Three threads on the same game within a couple of minutes must be a record.
Glad you're enjoying the game!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara Bear
United States
Centerville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've actually packed the resources up, split them, for both solo and two player play. Maybe it's because we are knobs and aren't used to getting silly amounts of things, but so many things were going unused when we had them all out there.

Being able to put an x5 on an x5, if necessary, will solve any shortages.

Having the game prepackaged this way, makes the solo game take less space if going portable. I would decide a pair of factions before taking it solo, to further reduce space, but still have a little variety.

It also saves on space when I set up and play on a board on my bed. This is a stretch as the tableau can be unpredictable, but it's worked. Fewer physical resources for solo shrinks the footprint. I can set up whichever way we are playing, faster, having it prepackaged like that.

I a leave one of most resources in the bag, making it easy to tell what goes where for cleanup. Yes, I could write on the bags, but I eventually change game storage solutions and reuse these bags elsewhere. Though alcohol on cotton ball erases sharpie . . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Vandenberg
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Koolin wrote:
You can always put x5 on x5 making it x25 (or even worse x5 on x5 on x5 equals x125 devil)

Thanks! That totally makes sense and I'm pretty sure would solve any issues I could come across. Exponential solutions!

AernoutMJC wrote:
Three threads on the same game within a couple of minutes must be a record.
Glad you're enjoying the game!!!

After 6-7 hours within two days, you could say I'm pretty hooked! I had so many questions/thoughts I wanted to put out that I just sat down and wrote thread after thread haha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.