Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Food Chain Magnate» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Initial Placement, What do you factor in? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Things I look for:

Can I place a billboard to advertise to two houses?

Are there islands and is it actually worth committing to one? (This strategy seems better if you are placing last since you have a better idea if you will actually have the island to yourself or not).

If I'm placing before other players, how will they be able react to my placement with their own? What houses that I am targeting will they be able to put themselves closer to.

Is it possible to place my restaurant so that it is on two different tiles (meaning a drive through puts me 1 distance closer to houses that require me to drive along the tile without my entrance on it)?

Which houses already placed have the ability to have gardens?

Drink routes? So far I've found drink routes to be more or less irrelevant with a few exceptions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max G
South Africa
Cape Town
Western Cape, South Africa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All valid points, I would add as well:

- Closeness to developable land. Its nice if you have large areas of space to build for new houses.

- Space around original map houses. Often if the current houses do not have space it is difficult to place billboards around them. Linked to this is the texture of the map in terms of other marketing campaigns. How many houses can a mailbox or plane hit ?

I actually think drink routes are quite important. I recently won a game taking errand boy first as there was only 1 yellow drink sign on map and although the others had cart operators they could not reach. I placed down a radio for yellow drinks and that was that. Being the only one with milestone for first EB and to throw away puts a lot of pressure on the other players not being able to collect and store enough drinks. Also, if you can place a restaurant so that a cart or truck can collect drinks of the same type at more than 1 stop it allows you to market that drink in large amounts and be able to demand easily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
8-bit Matt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Capeguy wrote:

I actually think drink routes are quite important. I recently won a game taking errand boy first as there was only 1 yellow drink sign on map

Ditto! (New business developer + Luxury Manager is also great in this situation, especially at 2-3p, as there will be so much demand that even if other players pick up a lot of sales, you will still have plenty left with gardens+LM to stay well ahead)

As for other considerations:

-Overpasses -- sometimes on split boards, you can place entrance to open on both tunnel and its overpass, giving you access to all areas

-Types of advertising -- is the board setup well for mailboxes with a large swath of whitespace/houses? Are there tight clusters good for airplanes?

-and of course, reacting to others if last to ensure no one has a clearly superior position
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.