For Sale» Forums » Rules

Subject: first player bid for? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Xristos Lagogiannis
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello, the first player for what property bids? the Biggest or the one he wants? Then the other players must bid for the property that is in bidding phase till someone buys it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keng Leong Yeo
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
aka Uncle
badge
小富靠勤,中富靠智,大富靠德。
mbmbmbmbmb
All players are bidding for the property with the highest number. If a particular player chooses to back out, he/she takes the lowest property among those remaining and pays half (rounded up, depending on which edition's rules you are following) to the bank.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xristos Lagogiannis
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
thank you a lot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Bampi
Italy
Padova
flag msg tools
badge
"Go suck yer blade!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeoster wrote:
All players are bidding for the property with the highest number. If a particular player chooses to back out, he/she takes the lowest property among those remaining and pays half

Or no property at all, if you play the variant (much more fun, IMHO)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Chaffer
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
Grand Rapids Area Boardgamers
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually frame this a bit differently to help new players: you are bidding on the privilege of not taking the lowest-numbered property. It's really more a game of chicken than a bidding process.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xristos Lagogiannis
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
i recently bought the IELLO french Version, but cannot understand what should i remove when playing with 4 players. Any help please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Bampi
Italy
Padova
flag msg tools
badge
"Go suck yer blade!"
mbmbmbmbmb
fifini wrote:
i recently bought the IELLO french Version, but cannot understand what should i remove when playing with 4 players. Any help please?

With the standard rules, you remove 2 cards from each deck and give 21 coins to each player (=you use all coins).
If you use the variant you should find on page 8 (I suppose: I own the italian version and have the german pdf too), you use all cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RickNash wrote:
Yeoster wrote:
All players are bidding for the property with the highest number. If a particular player chooses to back out, he/she takes the lowest property among those remaining and pays half

Link to this anywhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Bampi
Italy
Padova
flag msg tools
badge
"Go suck yer blade!"
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
RickNash wrote:
Yeoster wrote:

Link to this anywhere?

New 2015 official variant...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xristos Lagogiannis
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The game mechanic is simple and fun, great! If 2 players in the end have the same check value sum and gold coins in front of them , who wins ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fifini wrote:
The game mechanic is simple and fun, great! If 2 players in the end have the same check value sum and gold coins in front of them , who wins ?

Play again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.