Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
mb
============================================
[In the Utapau System]

Retired General Dodonna closed the door behind him as he step into the cozy hotel room he's been "staying" temporarily. He switched on the vintage musical player as the classic Commenor music fills the room. He put down his suitcase and took a seat at the small desk with clutter filecase and data disc. Dodonna removed a secret compartment to reveal a small holonet receiver. With the Imperial blockade and planet-wide subjugation, it's the only way he could get any outside information.

Since surviving from an assassination attempt, Jan Dodonna has joined the Alliance to Restore the Republic who came to his aide during the critical moment. Now he's providing them with strategy advice while utilizing his old contacts during his services. However, a daring Infiltration mission to the world of Utapau left him stranded on the planet after ISB was tipped off by some bounty hunter about his presence. He’s been staying at the hotel room for months now.

He was sad to learn that out of all three initial loyal systems to the Alliance, only Bothawui still remain free of the Emperor’s control. Naboo was subjugated by General Tagge and Grand Moff Tarkin himself restored “law and order” on Kashyyyk with the newly built Battle Station that people were calling “Death Star”. Mission to raise more royalty to Alliance to various systems by ex-senator Mon Mothma and Princess in exile Organa had been hit-and-miss. And even as more system gained sympathy to the Alliance’s cause, the Empire fleet has been swift in sending in Stormtroopers and AT-ST to set up Imperial Garrison.

(buzz from the door)

General Dodonna took a deep breath and quickly hidden the holonet receiver back under the desk. A few light tap on the blast door eased Dodonna’s mind as he recognized it is a local contact. He opened the door and welcomed the Pau’an into the room. There was little time for pleasantry.

“What news you’ve brought me with? My friend,” He asked eagerly.

“There’s unrest at the Mustafar system.” The tall figure said gently. “Apparently some resistance has been causing some trouble with the local authority.”

“Their production line has been affected after Alliance effort exposed the Imperial inhumane treatment to the local refineries. They are among the first to pledge loyal to the Empire, but now the citizen has raise up to oppose the local Imperial Government.”

“Was the uprising successful?” the general inquired.

“Unfortunately, no. The princess and commander Antilles tried to bring in starfighter support, but their mission was opposed by ISB head Yularen.”

“The good news is, the Alliance has successful sabotage both Corellia and Sullust industry. The Wookiee has been very good in leading the hit-and-run mission.”

“That’s indeed good news. We should be focusing to denying the Imperial of their transportation vessel.” Dodonna replied.

“However, without you leading our fleet, we have been unable to carry out attacks on their capital ships. Our small fleet of ships is split between defending Bothawui and Yavin.” The Pau’an sighed. “We don’t have the ability to launch initiative to haul the Imperials on their path to subjugate every system in sight.”

Before the general could respond with some encouraging word, the hotel’s manager opened the door suddenly. Behind him, stood four Stormtrooper in white armour and an old Imperial officer with white mustache and cream-while uniform.

“General Dodonna, we have some question for you.”

[On Tatooine, the Alliance’s secret base]

Commander Wedge Antilles took a seat at the conference room in the Darklighter’s estate. The Darklighters not just gave them one of the greatest pilots in Biggs; they also provided the Alliance with a place to operate in secret on the remote planet that is Tatooine, the furthest place you can be from the core world.

Wedge was just been back from a Rogue Squadron raid on Corellia with Captain Solo. They had managed to take out two Assault Carriers in progress during the raid. However, he didn’t feel much joy as the leader of the Alliance discussed their dire situation.

It’s been five months since the forming of the Alliance to Restore the Republic; however, the Empire reputation is still very strong among their citizen. Diplomatic effort has been stopped short by the Emperor himself in several key systems.

The misdirection on Yavin was successful as the Imperial decided to deploy their freshly-built Super Star Destroyer in Mandalore in anticipation of a showdown at Felucia. Darth Vader must have been furious when he led his personal 501st onto the floral planet only to found Clone Wars remnant there. General Rieekan managed to pull back the fleet through Rapid Mobilization to the secret base before the Imperials could reach them.

However, Admiral Ozzel has collect enough data from the probe droids that the Imperials most certainly have had some ideas about the location of the Alliance’s base by now. The “Death Star” is at the doorstep of Bothawui.

“We need to create diversion to turn the Emperor and his cronies’ attention elsewhere.” General Madine, recently cross over from the empire with his great tactical mind, suggested.

“RRRrrruurgh! Arrggg!” The wookie Chewbacca chimed in in Shyriiwook.

“Chewie wants to free his people.” Captain Solo translated. “He has been planning the move for months now.”

“We agree that it’s time to help liberate our wookiee ally from the imperial grip. Would that affect our sabotage mission in the same region, General Madine?” Mon Mothma asked.

“No, ma’am.” Madine responded. “In fact, I think we could create enough diversion that we might have an opportunity to rescue General Dodonna.”

“I will be happy to lead the charge to save Dodonna.” Princess Leia said. “In time like this, we need his leadership.”

“I’ll join you.” Solo volunteered.

“Captain Solo, a better use of you will be in our hit-and-run mission at Mon Calamari.” General Madine proposed. “I can go with Princess Organa instead.”

Solo tried to object before the princess stared him down. He mumbled under his breath. Chewie and Wedge tried their hardest not to laugh.

“How about me?” Wedge asked.

Commander Antilles, we have the most importance mission for you.” Mon Mothma said. “After discussion with General Rieekan and General Madine, we think we should attack the “Death Star” pre-emptily before it reaches our base.”

“The Imperial fleet is stretching thin after their sweep across the mid rim region.” General Madine added. “By the time the “Death Star” gets to Bothawui, which we believe is their next target, there will be only a lonely Star Destroyer and a squadron of Ties at its side.”

“You will lead the charge of our fleet and starfighter squadron to attack the battle station while it’s at its most venerable.” General Rieekan said. “It would reveal our current location at Tatooine, so I will try to establish a new base further into the core world.”

“I’m honor by your trust in my ability and leadership; I will not fail the Alliance.” Wedge said.

“May the Force be with us, always.” Mon Mothma said.

[On Bothawui]

The attack on “Death Star” was successful. Commander Wedge leds the charge and managed to blow up the battle station in one try thanks to one of his pilot, a farm boy from Tatooine who joined the Alliance’s cause not long ago. Sadly they lost Biggs and Porkin in the battle. This deals a huge blow to the Empire.

General Dodonna was rescued by the spec op team of General Madine and Princess Leia. At the same time, Chewbacca successfully liberated Kashyyk from the Imperials subjugation. Captain Solo however was opposed in his mission to Mon Calamari by the Dark Lord of the Sith. Thankfully the small setback didn’t stop the Alliance to gain Populous Support and manage to raise the reputation of their cause.

It’s the most critical time for the Alliance. Another victory will mean that the wave of dissent will become unstoppable. However, if the Empire strikes at their secret base before that, they will be sure to crush every single “rebellion” from the galaxy. On the desperate moment, General Dodonna saw an opening to attack the local Imperial Garrison on Nal Hutta.

General Madine took the opportunity and went all in at Nal Hutta to destroy all the Imperial ground force and score enough of a big point for reputation that the revolution cannot be stops. Imperial didn’t stop the Alliance in time, and soon the galaxy was in revolt against the Empire. It’s the beginning of the end for the tyranny of the Empire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Subudai (Pete) Khan
Australia
flag msg tools
James, great story. Well done. Enjoyed it immensely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
mb
subudai wrote:
James, great story. Well done. Enjoyed it immensely.

Thank you for the encouraging words! I believe a good story is made up by interesting moments, which is what I am trying to write here.

More context:

- It's my fourth game overall and third game as Rebel Alliance.
- It's my opponent's first game.
- At one point in the game, Bothawui is the only visible Rebel system. I have to leave unit at the building queue because I ran out of place to deploy.
- Rebel's first base is on Tatooine. For almost 3/4 of the game play, no presence of any unit or activities was in that region (plus Geonosis, Ryloth, and Rodia).
- Empire has subjugated nearly 2/3 of the star systems.
- I waited until there's only six cards in the probe deck before switching base. I got lucky and move to Malastare, which was surrounded by Imperial fleets.
- My opponent missed an opportunity to move the Death Star from Bothawui to Malastare when they try to oppose General Madine with Vader, locking the fleet in place. Which in turn allows my rebel starfighter squad to pounce at the Death Star.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.