Subject: Any chance of a comic? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the main points that gets me really excited about Giga-Robo is the awesome artwork. Moreover, reading all the back story and pilot profiles and such, I think it would be a shame if all that wasn't used more.

So, is there any chance of a Giga-Robo comic? I know I'd love to read it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renan Neori
Israel
Tel Aviv
Gush Dan
flag msg tools
From a time before Pachinko...
badge
Don't touch!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hah, I was looking last week if there was maybe a western comic about giant mechs because of this game. I didn't find anything, but I'm sure there must be something like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a cool idea for the lore book if we meet that social goal on the campaign. I'd be super happy if we got a couple pages of manga in the book.

Come on guys like up Giga-Robo! on BGG. That's the easiest of the three I really want that lore book.

I don't know of any western comic books that do the giant robot genre well. Warren Ellis did Tokyo Storm Warning, which incorporated giant robots in it's story and it was okay. Pacific Rim had it's prequel comics and they were nice as extra information for the first movie.

Other than that the best thing to get is English localized manga. Gundam The Origin just finished being published by Vertical in North America and it's a retelling of the original Gundam series. Probably the best version of that story to date in my opinion. The localized English version is 12 volumes long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.