Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Cheng
Hong Kong
Ma On Shan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Let say a priest of another player is in my controlled land with a city. I want to get rid of the priest so I can place my own priest. The problem is I can't attack my own land. What..the?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Cockburn
United Kingdom
Sleaford
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Presumably by 'my controlled land' you mean a land occupied by the particular nation you are controlling on your current turn.

The only way the situation you describe could arise is if one of the other players controlled that same nation during some previous turn. For example, if playing as Hebrews (with one or two other Hebrew players), another player (whilst controlling the Northern Tribes) could have placed his priest in a region occupied by the Northern Tribes. Then on your turn (as Northern Tribes) you would like to get rid of him. I think the answer is you can't.

However, you can hope one of the Heathen nations attacks and drives him out. Or you can wait until you take a turn controlling the Southern Tribes and attack then.

(I don't have the rules to hand - my games are all packed ready for a house move - so I'm relying on memory. I'm happy to be corrected if there is another way to dislodge pesky priests.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Cockburn
United Kingdom
Sleaford
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A further thought in reference to the phrase "my own land":

I think it is misleading to think of yourself as a particular nation within this game. Your role as player is to oversee the survival and development of your patriarchs. I like to think of these not as individuals but as a dynasty of farmers / traders / priests who from generation to generation are trying to make a living over centuries of tribal conflict.

It's true that as a player you do get to control particular nations for a while, but the success of those nations is only helpful if it allows your patriarchal dynasty to flourish in peace. As a player you 'own' the patriarchs, not the land. At least, that's what makes thematic sense to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cheng
Hong Kong
Ma On Shan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply. I understand the player's role in this game. Yes "my own land" is just for this turn. Too bad I can't expel patriarchs from my lands when I'm in control of the lands in my turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.