Subject: First play of this - 2 player? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cookie Monster
Belgium
De Pinte
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got a copy of the base game and the Mancers expansion. I mostly play games 2 player, before I decide to take a game to a game group (that way I can get a better grasp of the rules before I have to explain the rules to new players). I would love to give this game a try, but I am not sure which rules/setup to use for a first game that only has 2 players. There is an official 2 player variant in the rulebook, but it also states that it's not recommended for new players. So I'm not sure how to tackle this beast...

In the variants section of this forum I found a post of some house rules for 2 players: house rules for 2 players
Are these recommended for a first playthrough of the game? Or does anyone else have some other suggestions they would like to share? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
You don't need any more.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played my first game (2p) with the official rules, no variants. Worked absolutely fine IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The standard 2 player rules are fine, but they are going to be low on interaction because there will be a lot of spaces for players to use.

The variants where there are fewer rooms will make for a more competitive game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.