$35.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Scythe» Forums » News

Subject: Support Watch it Played Season 6 - get the Sycthe: Lake Encounter promo card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Giacomo
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Watch it Played is doing another drive for support of the excellent video run throughs of games. Pledging support comes with perks - promo cards. this season is a brand new promo card, called Scythe: Lake Encounter.

By pledging your support to Rodney, he’ll be able to keep making fantastic videos. As a bonus, you get a promo card for the game you love!

Here's what it looks like:

https://goo.gl/Dn7lbL

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/204984/scythe-l...

The Indiegogo campaign is here:

https://goo.gl/gNrxXq
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Support Watch it Played Season 6 - get exclusive Sycthe Encounter promo card
Would like to get the promo but £15 is more that I can afford right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Support Watch it Played Season 6 - get exclusive Sycthe Encounter promo card
Definitely supporting Rodney and definitely grabbing that Scythe promo ! Both are pretty awesome ! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Christie
United Kingdom
Greenhithe
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Encounter cards are the easiest form of promos we can create on an ongoing basis, as no copy of the game suffers from not having all of them, and the game isn't imbalanced if it has more or less of them. We're printing a lot for Rodney, but we'll likely have leftovers that we'll sell through the BoardGameGeek store next year. Same with card #37, which is for a Dice Tower campaign later in the year." - Jamey Stegmaier
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giacomo
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yep, there's always the possibility the promo's will be available either in the BGG store or elsewhere. Getting them via Watch It Played on Indiegogo means you get to support Rodney and the videos he makes.

Without him and his game run throughs, the promo would not have existed, which is the reason I'm supporting him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm supporting him because I watch almost every one of his videos, especially if it's a game on my watch list. He does a ton for the hobby and it's the least I can do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully this will be available through another source as well.
20 just for one promo is ridiculous. I do hate gimmicks like this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Peckham
England
Dorking
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
corkysru wrote:

It's not $20 for a promo card.

It's a pledge of $20 to support Rodney and all he does for the community.
As a kind gesture, he will send you a Scythe promo card in return.
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boyd
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
I Play With Toy Soldiers.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
velvetvoulge wrote:
corkysru wrote:

It's not $20 for a promo card.

It's a pledge of $20 to support Rodney and all he does for the community.
As a kind gesture, he will send you a Scythe promo card in return.

+1 and a $tip$ for you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Is that a new promo? I'm at work right now and can't check, but I'd swear I got an encounter about watching a fisherman in one of my plays of Scythe...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Upstate
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the way to do a promo imo. It has little to no impact on gameplay (3% chance of showing up IF the entire deck is exhausted) but is a nice to have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Leeson
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Agreed - I could swear I saw that exact card with those 3 choices yesterday in our first play through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Haskell
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xBino wrote:
This is the way to do a promo imo. It has little to no impact on gameplay (3% chance of showing up IF the entire deck is exhausted) but is a nice to have.

Considering there are 28 Encounter cards (29 with this promo) and only 11 possible Encounters per game, I think it's unlikely you will ever exhaust the Encounter deck ;-)

But, I agree with you -- this is a great way of doing a promo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.