Firefly: The Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Kalidasa scavenger hunt rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brent Jungclaus
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Alright, we played our first Kalidasa game yesterday, and we had a couple of issues come up.

For starters, how do you resolve tie votes? At one point we were down to 3, so one disagreement meant that yeas didn't have the majority. It just didn't seem to work particularly well.

Secondly, what do you guys generally qualify as "a saint"? We left the game saying that next time it'll be best to say any moral crew can count (after the late game was just fishing for Simon/Book, the two cards everyone agreed should count for sure.) Any good compromises that don't just boil it down to morality, or keep it so exclusive that it's basically unplayable?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmb
Saint Jayne, it's got a ring to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Jungclaus
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Well gorram it! I hired Jayne, too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Hanson
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The trick to the Scavenger Hunt is that all of the players have to be pretty laid back with their votes. If you are playing to win at all costs to the point that it impacts your votes, then the game will be very frustrating.

If everyone approaches it as a much more casual experience, the wacky fun of that story card really starts to shine through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
turambur wrote:
The trick to the Scavenger Hunt is that all of the players have to be pretty laid back with their votes. If you are playing to win at all costs to the point that it impacts your votes, then the game will be very frustrating.

If everyone approaches it as a much more casual experience, the wacky fun of that story card really starts to shine through.

We've only played this scenario once. And afterward, we agreed never to mention this scenario to a select number of people because we just knew it would cease to be fun with them.

And I agree with Carl on this meaning to be a fun, casual experience. For example, I'm gonna say that if you argue it well enough, Jayne is an easy candidate for the saint slot. Objectively, he falls short, but from a certain subjective point of view...At least it's good for a laugh or two.

In the end, I think this story card has strong creative potential, and a high novelty factor, but will wear out pretty fast. Justification of your choices will hardly be necessary after subsequent plays, since players will probably just go for the choices that were previously accepted. And if someone opts to break away and try someone new, they're likely to be met with, "We've already agreed that so-and-so qualifies. No."

Be creative and casual. Have fun and laugh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmb
the Saint Jayne reference was from a scene from the "Objects in Space" episode where Jayne and Book were bantering during a workout session.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rush
msg tools
He robbed from the rich and he gave to the poor.
Stood up to the man and he gave him what for.
Our love for him now, ain't hard to explain,
The hero of Canton, the man they call Jayne!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Frickin' LOVED that episode!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.