Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Aceto
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played three straight solo sessions of this game and lost horribly each time, usually calling it quits by about the 4th or 5th column.

I just don't see how you win skirmishes limited to two marines and two weapons. Though the Guard cards vary in flag value, the lower ones all have the Reinforcement icon, so you are guaranteed to have to face a higher number. Even if you get lucky and face a low total value and have some high value weapons, that's only one skirmish and the next one you will be forced to fight tougher Guards with worse weapons.

Is this game insanely difficult on solo mode, or am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uwe Heilmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi from Germany,

PRSM has quite a few flaws; one definitely is the fixed solitaire system including the more than awkward "Hide" rule.
By modifying the original system a bit, e.g. try to play a solitaire mission with 4 teams, get rid of the fixed game board, use more sets of cards (e.g. one for the weapons (doubled), and one for the random number generation (quadrupled)), etc., and the game turns into a real diamond).

In the beginning I encountered a lot of problems as you described. But don't give up. The basic idea, the genre, the story, and so on, are all great. The rules deserve a chroming, a solid and thorough one, and all turns well.

Do not give up the ship!

Cheers
U.L.H.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Schacher

California
msg tools
mbmbmb
You can try my solitaire player aid. See the following link:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/797684/princess-ryans-star-m...

Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Knoedler
United States
Hendersonville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've found that working with 3 marine teams and keeping it to enemies 4-42 (as is used in the 4 player games) a lot of the brutality is removed and usually puts this game to a moderate difficulty level (I win about half the time).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.